Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Husband Deserves A Medal


My Knight is my best friend, my love, my all, but this weekend he came through as my hero too. Late Sunday night I was hit with a stomach virus. I am really bad with these types of bugs. I started throwing up at 11 Sunday night and didn't stop until 6am Monday morning. I had 15 minute intervals between each episode.

My Knight stayed up the entire time praying for me and at times just holding my hand. I scared myself a couple times when I choked and couldn't breath and he had to do the Heimlich so he stuck with me in the bathroom to make sure I was OK. Here we are, I am laying on our bathroom floor sprawled out on towels and he is sitting next to me such a romantic picture. Our bathroom is very small so that was a feet in and of itself.

Any way, finally by 6am I had settled down enough for my husband to put me in our actual bed. No more then 5 minutes after he laid down did Rocker come down puking. Up he went to take care of him. While Rocker was then situated in the bathroom my Knight came and laid back down for just a minute until we were both horribly awakened by what sounded like Niagara Falls in our hallway. This time it was Shaggy. He had come down to get to the bathroom but unfortunately the toilet was already occupied. My Knight and I worked on cleaning it all up and settling the boys in our small sitting room on the floor so if they needed too they could make it to the bathroom on time. We also set up puke buckets all over the house just in case.

I finally laid back down but my Knight kept going. You see he called off of work to stay home and take care of us but he had to sign on to the computer and finish up some things from last week by the close of business Monday. Even with no sleep he still kept going. That to me is true love. He was amazing. At 3pm he finally crashed on our bed next to me until about 6pm when he got back up to get everyone fed (if they could eat) and ready for bed.

Today we are all a little better. Two of the boys went back to school, only Shaggy and I are left. I threw up so hard for so long yesterday that I pulled all my lower back and stomach muscles. I feel a little better but am in a lot of pain. Shaggy was the last one to get sick yesterday so we kept him home just to make sure.

If any of you see my Knight this week or next let him know how good of a dad and husband he is. He needs a little encouragement now and again. I truly feel blessed to have him in my life and know that he loves each of us so much he will take care of us in the midst of sickness. He is a great man!!!!

6 comments:

After His heart said...

I knew it! He is a great man! There in the thick and the thin of life. For better and for worse! Nothing worse than a housefull of heaving people! May the Lord shield him from this bug!

And may each of you be strengthened by the joy of the Lord and through our prayers!

Beautiful Grace said...

What an awesome man! Your family is blessed!!!!!

Kelli said...

I'm applauding. I bet, if you stick your head outside you could hear it...it's that loud. Whatta guy, but what could one expect...you're quite a gal. ;)

Amelia Antwiler said...

Baby Girl.
What a virus!!!

Huzzah for your Knight!! Huzzah!!!!

Trish said...

What a great guy you have! Throwing up is the worst, especially when the kids get it too. Glad you are on the mend. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great report! (not that 3 of you were heaving....)..

That Kinght...He's an inspiration!