Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time To Get In God's Presence

I feel a strong urgency to get into God's presence everyday right now and I want to share that with many of you. As a mom with little ones I know that seems daunting. I remember those days when I had barely enough time to get a shower let alone time with God. So here's what I feel to share. This isn't about devotions or reading scripture chapter by chapter. This is turning on praise music and sitting on your living room floor and being silent before God. Even with the kids older now I will tell them "Mama needs to hear God right now, you can either join me or go play for a few minutes." Surprisingly they will slowly congregate downstairs and sit quietly while they watch me.

With little ones I just sat and soaked even with them climbing all over me. Look at it as you are showing them how to enter His presence even as a toddler. I wanted to share with you all some stuff God downloaded to me about myself, my Knight and my family when I gave Him some time. It's just an example of the stuff God wants to give to you. It's encouragement, words of alignment, parental advice and even marital advice. He's got it all. So here's just an example from my life...

I have not placed your Knight here to fail but to succeed and to be more successful then he can be or imagine. Remember Joseph and what you read this morning (I was reading the story of Joseph this morning from Genesis) Reference to what the Spice Traders gave Joseph's brothers for him in payment - it was a prophetic declaration of what I was going to do for him. First- they gave him perfume ( a fragrant offering, incense/ prayers/offering) Second- balm: the Hebrew word used there means to be broken or crushed (through that process it becomes a medicine) Thirdly - myrrh : it is the oil that the Egyptians dipped their Pharaoh's fake beards and hair pieces in. It was made from the oil scrapped off of sheep and goats. I was letting his brothers know what would become of Joseph. Your Knight is a Joseph, a dreamer. He has been a pleasing perfume and sacrifice. Right now he feels the crushing and breaking process but through it all I will give him great favor just like I did Joseph. Next will come the anointing and release into authority beyond his years. He will be providing a refuge for his entire family like Joseph. Even like Joseph I have sent him to a far off place. It is time to raise your Knight up now. Parenting - Time to change! What worked in the past is no longer valid. You must instill purity and righteousness in these men. They will not be buffaloed by the world. Livin' watch your mouth. At times silence will be your best weapon of warfare. Knight love like you have never loved before. Livin' step away from friendship with the boys. You are falling into the lie your boys won't love you later unless you are their friend. That is not true. They will not only love you but honor you. Fall on your Knights strengths to guide you through this next stage. He will have the wisdom for this time, you will have the compassion and mercy. You each must spend time alone with them. Don't talk about what they are doing so much but use that time to speak life into them and to bless them and to speak their destiny into existence. Marital - Livin get in my presence EVERY day. Let your Knight teach you discipline. I am putting him over you as a drill sergeant for a time. He will be a very loving one. :) God smiled! Read the book "Who Switched Off My Brain?" again. You must stop these thoughts. Knight continue in my word but do not fret about the time. Learn from Livin how to get in My presence where ever you are. You need to have Livin' teach you how to become more like a butterfly. Spend time in my presence together like you have. I am making you new again. Get ready for transformation!! Shaggy needs reassurance he is becoming a man. Rocker needs reassurance he belongs. DK needs reassurance he will not lose his place or that he is not just last. Reassure them with My love and blessings. EVERYDAY! Livin' loosen your grip on your Knight and take hold of Me. He's not going any where! :) God smiled again.

Yes, the Father doesn't mince words with me but see how much He wants to be a part of your life. Be passionate! Be aggressive about getting into the presence of God and quieting yourself long enough to hear. Don't worry about praying to Him right now just start listening. Do what ever it takes to make time for Him. He has so much to tell us about ourselves, our kids, our loved ones. When we hear what He is saying we can then pray in power because we are in agreement with heaven. I am so excited for each of you because as you make time for the Father He is going to breakthrough into your lives in such a powerful and awesome way. I know because He has done it for me and He is just so darn excited to do it for you!

4 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Sounds like the "sense of hearing" is alive and well in the Livin Household. Bless you, my Dear!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Exciting! Good word...

Thanks for sharing....

After His heart said...

Wow! I think you'll have no trouble teaching others how to hear the voice of God!! He speaks, you listen.....

and share.....

Alexandra Thiessen said...

Thank you. Your post was a tremendous blessing to me and a good reminder to not just pray, but listen!!!