Friday, February 5, 2010

Love Never Fails

This Monday we celebrate 12 amazing years together as a couple. It's weird to think about. It honestly doesn't feel like 12 years. I am more in love with my husband now than I have ever been. This year marks a huge milestone for us. I posted earlier about my 33rd birthday at the end of Jan. and how my husband will also be celebrating his 33rd birthday soon too. The number 12 is significant for us, biblicaly it means divine government and election, apostolic fullness, discipleship, the Church, united and oversight. (Gen 49:28; Numbers 13:1-16; Matt. 3:14; Luke 9:1-2, 22:30; Rev. 12:1, 21:12, 22:2; Ex. 15:27, 29:31; John 8:34:1; 1 Cor. 15:39)

12 is also an important number to us because it marks a milestone in our marriage where we are now walking in more years of healing as a couple then those years of destruction. That's pretty significant to us.

What I really wanted to share though is about Scott and the amazing love he has shown me these last 12 years. Without the Lord placing him in my life I don't know if I would be even typing this blog post. I honestly know that I would have continued a very destructive path that would have possibly led to my death. The Lord used Scott to be the Father's love to me. In the midst of my worst periods of healing I was not someone anyone would have wanted to be with. Even counseling pastors told Scott before man and God he had the right to leave me. That's how bad things got but Scott did not leave. He spent hours and hours and hours before the Lord praying for me. I know because I sat on the stairs of our townhouse listening to him at 3am or 4am in the morning.

So this year is the year I am taking to honor my husband. He never gave up on me even when others did and others told him too. The Lord gave him a dream once about me and he clung to that dream putting his hope in the Lord. The Lord showed him a beautiful package wrapped in this big red bow. He asked the Lord what it meant and the Lord answered "That is Becky and your joy will be unwrapping her and presenting her to the world for the gift that she is." A couple days ago he told me that the dream has now become a reality.

The Lord laid it on my heart to do something special for Scott this year...I bought him a sword. Not just any sword but the sword of Elendil or also known as Anduril. It was the sword of Aragorn in The Lord Of The Rings. The sword was once Narsil and then was broken by the enemy of middle earth, Sauron. The elves then reforged the sword so that the rightful King to the throne of Gondor would once again defeat their enemy. In many ways our lives were broken for a period of time and it had looked like the enemy had victory over our marriage but like the sword the Lord took up our broken lives and refordged them into something stronger. I love the poem Gandalf gives to Frodo. It is believed to be the poem of the sword.


All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring;

renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.


To end this long rambling post I will leave you with pictures of the sword and a song. The song is by Brandon Health and every time I listen to it I see Scott. He has shown me that love truly never fails.




4 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

What a beautiful post and an amazing tribute. :-) The prophetic significance of the sword is quite powerful...and I'm quite without words.

Happy Anniversary

PressingIn said...

Livin, Happy Anniversary!! I'm sure that this year will mean SO MUCH MORE than past years. God is SO GOOD and His love NEVER fails!! I am so glad that you both love God and are CALLED according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). And I totally agree with ComfyDenim. I'm quite without words...but not tears. :) I love you girl!! :)

Kelli said...

Oh Happy Anniversary to our favorite couple. I love to see how each of you brings out the beauty and strength in the other. You two really are a great example of marriage. :)

And the sword looks AWESOME!!!

After His heart said...

Thanks again for sharing your livin'! It gives hope to the hopeless and courage for the discouraged. This is what walking through better or worse looks like.

I pray for the best anniversary ever for both of you and the years ahead to be immeasurably above all that you could ask or imagine!!