Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Panic In The Ladies Bathroom

Last Saturday night I was at church for our evening service. After racing around Children's Ministry making sure my kiddos were where they needed to be I ran to use the Restroom. Service had begun and my husband was patiently waiting for me in the sanctuary hopefully engaging in worship.

I quickly used the restroom and was getting ready to grab some toilet paper when I realized the roll in the dispenser was low. There was no toilet paper hanging down out of the dispenser to grab so without any thought I put my hand up into the dispenser to grab the roll and pull it down. After fumbling with the roll as it whirled round and round on the bar I finally grabbed the tail end of the toilet paper.

I pulled my hand down, still grasping the toilet paper when all of a sudden my hand would not budge. That's right my hand was stuck. I laughed nervously to myself thinking "Oh just move your hand around and it will come out." No such luck. The more a fought with the dispenser the more my hand became wedged inside. Of course in those situations panic strikes and you starte freaking out and pull and twist and make it all worse. I stopped and thought what do I do? Do I yell for help..."Help, help my hand is stuck in the toilet paper dispenser!" But I couldn't. I looked up to realize the stall door was locked how would they get in. Where was my Knight in shinning armor to rescue me.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Then I slapped myself silly ( not literally just figuratively) and said "Girl, pull yourself together!" I looked back at the dispenser and slowly tried to bring my hand out. I realized then my problem...I never let go of the toilet paper. I had a fist full of toilet paper. As soon as I released the toilet paper from my grasp I was able to manipulate my hand out. OK can you say "Go crawl under a rock silly".

I returned to service with my husband hunting me down. He was worried about why I took so long. I sheepishly explained to him my ordeal hoping he would have pity on me but no he just rolled his eyes and said "Only you Livin' would get your hand stuck in the toilet paper dispenser, only you." With that he laughed heartily and we returned to service.

So there you have it, don't stick your hand up into a toilet paper dispenser. Now I know and knowing is half the battle. :-)

3 comments:

Krazy Klingers said...

that made me laugh! And that is totally something that would happen to me!

After His heart said...

oh my goodness! You are too funny, I'm not laughing at you, with you. We've all had a moment or two in an embarrassing situation that later we were laughing at!

Amelia Antwiler said...

Um..
blushes..
I coulda told you that...
but don't ask me how I know.