Friday, April 23, 2010

Don't Be Surprised When You Ask For A Sign And You Get A Sign

After my Knights motorcycle accident 2 1/2 years ago we both said the only way we would get another bike is if the Lord gave us one. Yes, we were open to riding again even after my Knights 8 week recovery and a steel plate in his knee. See it's just something in you. My Knight and my three boys have a bit of wildness in them. They are all rough, rugged, outdoor, wild men. My Knight grew up with motorcycles and has ridden since he was 8. I used to ride dirt bikes when I was 8 or so. It's in our blood.

But we didn't want to go there again unless the Lord blessed it. Neither of us were ready to jump back on a bike until we heard the Lord clearly that He would be with us. So I few weeks ago Scott received a phone call about a motorcycle. He was offered an older bike but it was free. Scott hesitated and asked to pray about it. After two accidents we wanted to make sure the Lord was OK with this.

Scott kind of put it in the back of his mind and let it go. Me on the other hand began to pray for a sign. I wanted the Lord to show Scott a sign it was safe to go back out and ride again. I also wanted the Lord to give Scott a sign His blessing was on this. One day Scott came home and threw a bright yellow thing on the table. As I went to pick it up it unfolded and I realized what it was. The sign pictured up top was it. I laughed. God gave us a sign!!!
As you can see we called the owners up and said yes. Scott is happier than a clam. He loves to work on things mechanically and he loves bikes so restoring this bike maybe something he really needs right now to help with stress.

It runs but Scott is already taring it down, cleaning carbs and flushing lines. I get to repaint it!:-)
Oh, yeah, blue ghost flames baby!


So there you have. Sometimes when you ask God for a sign he might really, actually give you a sign!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He and I were talking about the chances of him getting a motorcycle again when he and I drove to VA a few weeks ago....

I can't tell you how excited I am for y'all....

We're praying for a couple of signs right now - our trouble is limiting God to what types of signs He can use...fearing we might not see it....

You guys are awesome!