Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Haven't Fallen Off The Face of The Earth!

I have not been blogging because this month is just a whirlwind for us as a family. I can't go into great detail about what's happening right now but I will promise to share in about 2 weeks. Right now we are all packing and will be in the area but not home for the next 14 days.

I am also in the process of finalizing a training for our Church's new Special Needs Ministry this Sat. May 17th. Hopefully we will have the volunteers show up. That is the most disappointing thing about Children's Ministry. You put in the time and effort to make a successful and positive ministry opportunity and your volunteers don't want to commit to some training. I am thinking and prayer that this will be a good training and we will have a good volunteer turn out.

Our Special Needs Ministry room is also still under construction and we are finalizing the last few details. That is all slated to be fully functioning June 7th.

Well got to run. Right now that is all I am doing run, run, running. I am looking forward to the end of May but then again June has enough stuff jammed into it too. I have a sinking suspicion that this summer will fly past me at warp speed.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Glad to see that you are still alive in the bloggy world. I'm sure you are very, very busy. We are plannign to pray for your husband and for Rick. It's on our calendar. :)

Also, a little amen about the whole children's ministry thing. It's tough when you really believe in something and then are lte down because other people don't have the same passion you have. Yeah. I totally understand.

Hands-Free Heart said...

Hi there. Glad to hear that you're staying somewhere near. I've been thinking about you/praying for you as you prepare for this.

Hope to see you tonight, but I understand completely if you can't make it!

Trish said...

Praying for all to go well with your trip. And you know I will be there on Saturday! Bless you for all your hard work and your dedication to the ministry and to your family's needs.