Monday, July 13, 2009

Still More on THe Butterfly's

Our Butterfly story starts over here but we had some interesting things happen along this process that both my Knight and I feel are relevant to the Body of Christ at large. Originally we were not sure if all the caterpillars would make it through the metamorphosis process. One caterpillar really struggled with the cocoon process and it formed into a odd looking chrysalis. At first we thought it might have died but my Knight kept waiting and hoping.

Here is where our story continues...all the butterfly's emerged right after we broke out fast except one. Not until Sunday afternoon did we see some sign of life as the cocoon started to wiggle. Finally after a long battle out popped a butterfly, but something was wrong. The butterfly was deformed. We waited all day to see if the wings would unfurl but unfortunately one did not. We finally let the other butterfly's go as you can see here...


They were healthy and flitting around the container very happily. It was time to allow them to fully fly. Unlike the deformed one these guys took right to the sky, fulfilling their destiny as a butterfly. It was cool to watch them go.

I was able to capture one quickly with the camera as it landed near by before taking off again.


Unfortunately this guy is still in our home. It will live it's life cycle out in the butterfly cage as we give it sugar water to survive. You can see in the picture above that its one wing never formed properly. We have no idea why but we really felt the Lord was speaking to us and showing us something very vital to the Body of Christ at this time. My Knight had a word from the Lord earlier and then we both received the rest of it Sunday evening. This is what the Father spoke...

"Like these butterfly's each of my people will go through a process of transformation. It isn't a question of will you but when will you. Like these butterfly's it is necessary to your destiny and calling. You can do one of two things, either except the process and allow it to transform you into something beautiful or fight the process and risk damaging your spirit or even worse cause spiritual death. If a butterfly fights the process or tries to emerge to soon then it will be crippled or may even die. I want to release each and every one of My people to fly into all I have called you to but you must submit to My process.

Do not become bitter with Me or those around you during this process. Do not resist My process. Do not try to manipulate My process or get through it too quickly. Each of these things will bring destruction to your life spiritually. If someone fights My process too much and becomes spiritually deformed and unable to fly I still love them and take care of them but like the little butterfly I will keep it safe in My hands where it will never be released into it's full potential. My Bride is becoming the spotless bride I have called her to be but she must go through the process of transformation. Only then will she be ready for My Son's return. I want you to fly My child, My love."

As hard as things have been around here I see God's fingerprints all over my life and my family's life. The process is hard but not to torment us but to bring us to even greater freedom. I don't like the process but I see the sky before me and I want to fly. I keep looking at our little wounded butterfly and I feel so sad that it will never take off as the others did. We will take car of it until it is done it's life cycle but I so want it to be free and fly. I see the Fathers heart now. No matter how hard the process is I want us all to fly!!

2 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Several years ago, I felt like the Lord told me I was like a butterfly, which goes through complete metamorphosis...egg, larva (caterpiller), pupa(chysalis) and finally the adult butterfly. I prayed for the complete metamorphic transformation. I did not want to go through incomplete metamorphosis...egg, nymph, and adult insect. The nymph looks just like the adult, except it's smaller and is unable to reproduce. I don't desire to look like what I was previous to the transformation process. I desire to be completely transformed into the image of Jesus!!!! :)

With Much Love...

Trish said...

That's so powerful; thank you for sharing it. I truly appreciate how open you are with your experiences with the Lord - it is a great encouragement to me to keep pressing in.