Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bumpaholics: Addicted to Pregnancy

This is a Good Morning America News feed about Bumpaholics. Basically it is a interview about how some believe there is a growing addiction to pregnancy. The births rates across America have increased and therefore it must alarm some. I laughed at some of their thought process but some were thought provoking not in the sense that I agree with them. It more or less made me realize that China's 2 child law isn't that hard to see becoming a reality in our own country.

In the end I wonder what they believe about women years ago when large families were the norm. Were they too addicted to pregnancy? I just can't believe we have come to this place. Go watch and tell me what you think. I am still a little speechless over the whole thing.



Bumpaholics: Addicted to Pregnancy

Shared via AddThis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Boy...that's in interesting term.

Interesting that the person they invite to the show to interview about this issue is a "contributor" to a magazine. While she is a Clinical Psychologist...I fear she knows very little about having a family...after all, it doesn't even look like she's married. According to her bio - she lives in NYC, without the mention of even a pet.

Dr. Belisa is also a columnist to the Huffington Post (not surprising).

But...wow...I mean, really...wow. How way out there are we getting with this stuff. Someone thinks is strange that another woman would want to have more than 2 or 3 children and that's an indication of a problem? wow....

I would also like to know what city or country we have to go to to receive "Rock Star" like treatment from the general public when pregnant....

Sure - people seem nicer to you (until they see a line of children behind you)...but, rock-star??