Monday, August 17, 2009

Back 2 School

School starts here officially August 31st. We are gearing up to head back. Our teacher assignments have not come in but we have prayerfully sought the Lord out for teachers that would be a blessing and encouragement to the boys. DK is now a 1st grader and has really taken off physically this summer. He no longer has the preschooler look to him any more...snif*snif*. Shaggy welcomes his last year as an Elementary student as he enters 5th grade. We joke at our house about him being the Big Dog on campus this year just to turn around next year and become the peon again. I have my beef with middle school but that's another post. :) Rocker is hot on his heels entering 4th. Wow!! I just don't think I am ready for all of this. I just got used to the transition of everyone being in school and now I will soon transition into the middle school years.

The boys are ready for school. They are ready to have their friends back and schedules to return too. I know they may say they want to stay home a little longer but I can see it in their behavior. They did a great job this summer hanging with one another. We rarely have sibling rivalry here. It's been a blessing and something I pour hours of prayer into but you can tell they come to a point where they are ready for their space.

Every year we prayerfully consider where they should go to school. We don't put God in a box saying this is the only way to school or that is the only option. God has a plan and purpose for each child and He knows the best training ground for each of them. For our boys it's public school. Believe me there are days I would love to keep them home or send them to a awesome private school but I know the best place for the boys is in God's will and that for us is public school. So on that note I want to tell everyone that I hope your school year starts off with success in whatever way the Lord has you teaching your children. I will be praying for many of you this year, homeschoolers, CCA'ers(private schoolers) & public schoolers. Let's train up our children in the way the Lord would have them each be trained and see them thrive in the Lord!! Have a great beginning to a new school year everyone!!!

I want to leave you with a great group the boys and I have come to love called Reilly. If you haven't heard of them go listen. Its an awesome mix of Rock with what they have lovingly called Violin Rock! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Thanks for any prayers you would offer for this home educating family.

Fire started mandatory soccer practice today. He will be playing on the local high school team this year, a first for us.

We aren't attending a co-op this year, so all the subjects will be taught by yours truly. I feel confident the Lord will help me, and Not So Classic has offered to be my Algebra 2 backup. Thank You, Jesus!!!

May your school year be filled with the glory of the Lord!

After His heart said...

I liked the song, loved the mix of instruments, the video was interesting....