Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Chaos!!

Next time I am in a staff meeting and they ask for volunteers maybe I should take note that there is a good reason everyone is silent. Last staff meeting the Directors asked for someone to over see the Board Members& Staff Christmas Celebration. Of course it's only me and the Administer besides the two directors that comprise the staff team. As everyone sat quiet and still I slowly raised my hand in intern-obedience.

Now I know why my dear friend Pat kept silent and glanced heavily at the floor. I spent this week buying food and decorating the Retreat Center and basically spending my entire week in Lancaster trying to put this together. Today is my first day home in the morning all week and still I have to pick up the boys at 1pm and travel back down. I don't mind and really do love this ministry a lot, it's just my Knight was gone last week and this past weekend he threw his back out. A lot of responsibility regarding home issues were tossed on my plate on top of this party endeavor not leaving me with much prep time. So needless to say when I got to the breakfast table after writing notes to teachers and looking for missing school t-shirt for a field trip I saw my home-made pumpkin bread being eaten. What's wrong with that? Well, that was going to be a gift for my directors. I made three loaves; one for us and two for the directors and their families. We ate our loaf already.

Unfortunately that put Drama Mama over the edge and tears began to fall. Nothing like dropping guilt unto your children and husband as they are munching on your bread. At one point a saw each of the boys stop chewing and look as though they were thinking about spitting it out. Like that would help!

Forgiveness was handed out this morning...to me not to the kids because they honestly didn't know. I told my Knight the other evening about the bread being gifts but apparently a bad back effects the mind especially the memory.

At this point right now I want to get through this day and on to the weekend. I did come up with a last minute food gift for everyone. It just has been a loooooooong week and a loooooong December. I am ready for a New Year!!!!

1 comment:

Amelia Antwiler said...

Huh. I never thought of myself as a drama mama - but maybe I am. I'd have cried, too. Loudly.

It sounds like you've had a very stressful week. May God pour a refreshing on you in such a way that you have to stop and ... KNOW.

HUGS!