Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Am Officailly a Misfit!!

I have always wondered why I never fit in. All my life I was on the outside looking in. Last night I found my destiny as a misfit. We had an amazing man of God over for supper. He is Mr. "D" and he is a missionary from Nepal. We had a great time sharing food and fellowship with him and listening to his heart. He asked poignant questions that hit the nail on the head many times throughout the night. His heart stirred my Knight's and my heart to our calling.

The most profound statement was how he described missionaries. He said the majority of people called to the missions field feel like misfits all their life. They can never seem to fit in with the status quo because the Lord has called them to be extraordinarily different from others. My heart lept and I knew he was talking about me. It released me from so much anxiety of always wondering what was wrong with me. It is actually who God has made me to be. So now I look forward to being a misfit for Jesus. Someone who can be extraordinarily different from others because all they see is Jesus shining through me.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Remember the Island of Misfit Toys in one of those clay-mation Rouldoph movies? You may feel like a misfit in some circumstances, but as Forrest Gump said about other circumstances, "I was like a fish in water."

Glad you could be encouraged by a man of God. :)

Beautiful Grace said...

Again, we have much in common. I never felt like I quite fit in as well. Really, the only place I've ever truly fit was with Jesus. Don't get me wrong, I Love to be with people, but people sometimes misunderstand actions. Jesus, on the other hand, sees my actions and reads my heart. That's one of the very many reasons I love Him so much!!!

Sorry, Dear, am not planning to attend the picnic this evening. :( Too bad, I would have liked to chat with you!!

Trish said...

I am so excited to see where all of this will take you and your family!

BTW, thanks for your nice comment on my 5MFSN introduction.