Monday, June 29, 2009

No Camping Mountian Pies

I know I am on break but I had to share this one!!!

Here's a fun summer snack we made using my Foreman Grill that I don't use for anything other then grilling the occasional hot dog when we don't want to start up the big grill. I got the grill for a Christmas gift years ago and just found this fun snack to make with it. We love eating mountain pies when we go camping and now we can make them right in our kitchen without waiting for the next camping trip. Here's how...



Gather your ingredients: Pie filling, bread, butter & confectioners
sugar.


Take that Foreman Grill out and dust it off.

Butter your bread and fill with favorite pie filling.
Lower the lid and let it cook for less than a minute.
It's that quick!


Viola!! Mountain Pie...umm good!



Don't take my word for it just look at these faces.
I'm thinking pretty satisfied customers.


5 comments:

Natalie said...

We're getting ready to eat Mountain Pies tonight! Except we're doing it the old fashioned way...over a campfire in Wisconsin.

Trish said...

I used to love making those when I went camping with my grandparents every summer. Yum!

Anonymous said...

that's a great idea!! we have one of those forman grills....I'll have to try that...RIGHT NOW ;)

Mrs. C said...

That is soooooooooo awesome!

We just had camping ones two days ago...mmm good.

I so love your creativity - and REALLY LIKE your new template too.

Glad you are enjoying your summer!

After His heart said...

Not only are the dessert pies great, but I love the pizza ones too. Maybe I'll have to dig my George Forman grill out....