Friday, September 11, 2009

I Still Get A Kiss & A Wave Goodbye

Now that I have a 5th grader, 4th grader & 1st grader I truly wondered how long I could hang on to my precious treasure every morning of a kiss and a wave from the boys. It's one of those things we have been doing at the bus stop since kindergarten with Shaggy and is a wonderful part of my morning. I thought perhaps Shaggy would soon be trying to sneak away without giving me the said affection so not to be embarrassed in front of the kids at school, but to my delight I still get a kiss & a wave.

It is now given more frequently at the car or when we walk he asks for a kiss before we turn the corner but he still asks. Rocker & DK still run up to me as the bus approaches for their kiss. All three of them will actually jump out of the bus line and grab a kiss if they forgot too earlier. Then as they scurry into their seats I see them peer through the windows waving. We have made a tradition of doing the "I Love You" hand sign. You know the one you do with one hand that looks similar to a surfers gnarly wave. I guess it still looks some what cool to give your mom a sort of "I Love You"/surfer wave goodbye.

Still I treasure each moment they do. It makes my heart leap and seems to wash away the events from the prior day setting us up for a hopeful, blessed day. I wonder how long I will be able to keep this up. I pray Shaggy and the other two will still love to kiss their mom even as they grow more and more. Maybe in Middle School we can say our goodbyes at home so as to not embarrass anyone but it still needs to be done. I am big about showing affection to my kids and helping them to realize the importance of that. So for now I enjoy our morning bus routine. I love, love, love that I still get a kiss and a wave goodbye!

2 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

That's beautiful! I have learned to accept love by play fighting with Fire or by an occasional pat from Consecrated. I know my boys love me, they just manifest that love a little differently now that they are men. SAVOR THIS TIME!!!!

After His heart said...

It is so sweet to have love displayed. Everyone yearns for it, some do it! Glad you are doing it!!!!