Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kids Say The Darndest Things

This past weekend I was sharing with my Knight about some frustrations I was having about being a parent. I felt a little judged by some individuals and I began entertaining thoughts of failure. "Maybe they are right and I am way off." " Maybe they truly do know how to raise my kids better then me." You know what I mean. If you have been a parent for even a few hours you probably have thought similar notions.

After a few minutes of my whining at the table with my Knight Shaggy popped into the conversation. This is what he said...

"Mom don't worry we trust your judgement for us."

I know that was a short sentence but those few words hit my heart like a rocket hitting the moon. My children at 11, 9 & 7 trust my judgement regarding them. Even better they trust me. Wow! I almost cried and gave Shaggy a big hug. What was most profound is knowing I never was able to convey that to my own parents because frankly I could not trust their judgement. I was put in harms way so many times by them that I could not trust at all. Now for my children to say they trusted me was sooooo huge.

You know all those generational curses and stuff you break off your life and your kids lives as they grow? I felt like I just witnesses a piece of fruit from that because no one in my family line has ever trusted their parents. I mean no one. My grandmother's mother left her at 16 to live on her own with her 3 other sisters. My mom faced a hard life, her mother worked so much of her early life and saw her father pass away at 19. You can see history repeating itself over and over again.

Now I see the breaking off of that and the amazing fruit budding from being set free. I am so glad I found Jesus and that I can live free from those curses that only brought death and sorrow to our family heritage. God Is So Good!! I receive every good thing the Lord has to give us as a family!!

2 comments:

mishmash-a little bit of this and a little... said...

Kids are so profound! why? simply honest and the outpouring of love and values that you have been teaching them is growing in them! How Awesome! Everyone is different and has different parenting skills and we are all in different walks of life. This so effects what comes out of there mouths. YOU ARE AN AMAZING MOMMA! PERIOD! EVEN WHEN WE MAKE MISTAKES WE LEARN AND EVEN WHEN SOMEONE ELSE JUDGES ARE EYES ARE OPEN TO THE WAY WE DON'T WANT TO BE! :)

After His heart said...

He makes all things new!!