Thursday, February 19, 2009

Deactivated My Facebook Account

I just wanted to let the few friends I know and have on FB that I had to deactivate my account. Personally the Lord convicted about the amount of time I was spending on there and that for a personal reason I cannot go into detail about. If your are that curious you may ask me latter but I just can't blog about it.

Anyway, I will miss it but I rather just call you all up and have coffee one morning. So I will continue on with my blogging. I know many have left the blog sphere for the greener pastures of Facebook but I still love this cyber journal. If you come across anyone asking about me on FB you have my permission to just let them know it's been deactivated. Thanks!

6 comments:

Elaine Gates said...

i can totally understand, FB can cause real addictions! Hope all is well with you!

Trish said...

I would pick blogging over Facebook any day too! I hope you are able to keep sharing your life here for a long time to come. :)

Beautiful Grace said...

Hey, Livin,

I just updated my facebook this morning to announce that I will be deactivating it. The time factor was an issue and a personal reason as well. I look forward to reading more of your blog entries and to meet with you in real life after school is over for this year, around end or April/early May.

Anonymous said...

I agree....Facebook can be such a drain of time. You can spend so much time there and accomplish so very little. It's a decent place to find those who you've lost contact with and get up to date on them - but in most cases that's not important.

But the real friends - current friends...yes - we have phones, email, and placed to meet.

I'd choose blogging over FB anytime too.

Melissa said...

Deactivating my facebook was a healthy step for me and my marriage...too many people cropping up from the past that were best left in the past, if you know what I mean! I do miss it from time to time, but overall I get so much more accomplished without the distraction!

Coolmama said...

Well that answers my question. I sent a wall post to Scott today asking where you were! I totally understand your reasoning as well.
Hope to see you all soon!