Friday, February 6, 2009

A Picture of Hope

I received this word from the Lord about a week ago. I was touched greatly by it but heard the Lord say it was a corrperate word or a word for the Body of Christ so I thought I would share it here.

I saw a well. People were coming from all over to draw from it's water source. All different kinds of people from all over the world came. The Lord spoke and said it was His Hope. People were coming to draw from His Well of Hope. So I began to watch as the people lined up waiting their turn and then approached to lower the bucket into the well. Certain things began to stick out at me. As some drew from the well and dumped the water into their containers someone or some thing would come along and knock it over. The water would quickly disappear into the ground. The Lord told me it was others in their life or their circumstances that would knock Hope out of them. So many of them would simply turn and redraw from the well. Others seem to be there for hours just standing and looking into the well. They were searching for the evidence of the waters source. They would not take any more or even one bucket full but would just stand and wait by the well's edge. The Lord said these people believed lies from the enemy. Lies like "There is no more water left. You drew too much. You can only have one bucket full, or you are not even worthy to draw from the King's well." Many other lies came forth but these are what the Lord shared with me.

Others were even worse off. They had drawn from the well so many times their arms could not pull out another bucket full. They slumped to the side of the well exhasted and defeated. They no longer could stand let alone draw from the well. This time a man approached. He helped them to their feet and placed their arms around his shoulder. Together they stood in front of the well. It was Jesus. Together they reached for the bucket and drew water. With each bucket full the two drew together the person's strength slowly came back. Then Jesus would go to the others and tell them the truth about the well "It never runs dry. All are welcome. There are no rules about how many times you can draw, keep taking as much as you need."

The best part was watching the buckets come up after many of the people had been there for some time. With Hope being restored those who had been at the well battling for their water began to bring up buckets full of gems."

2 comments:

After His heart said...

Thanks for sharing Papa's heart for those without hope, I can reallllly say an amen to it. And I have seen you be Jesus for some of them, too exhausted, tired and full of lies to draw.

I pray that He will help me see those needing help to find hope today and that I may respond as He does.

Beautiful Grace said...

Thank you for this truth that not only touched my heart, but I'm sure, will touch many others' hearts!