Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why Do I Do This To Myself Every Valentines?


Every year I tell myself I am just going to go and buy the
stupid valentines. Then I get some silly creative inspiration
and bada-bing bada-bang I am stuck in the middle of a
valentines craft frenzy. This year the boys and I saw these
cute valentines in FamilyFun Magazine.



The ipod-like valentines were suposed to be boxes of conversational
hearts wrapped in construction paper but after realizing
how much money it would cost to buy 48 boxes of them
I some how got the briliant idea to make my own boxes with
card stock. I really needed someone to give me a V-8 slap
on the forehead. What was I thinking in making 48 stupid
ipod-like boxes. Uhhhgg! So Rocker & DK & I got to work.

So after I cut them out and then scored them so the boys
could fold them properly they put candy on the inside and
taped them up. We just downloaded the free templates
for the ipod-like face.

Thankfully Shaggy picked an easy one and could do it all by himself.
I am so glad he didn't want anything else. So what are you doing for valentines
for you kids? Do you have school parties to provide for or just making
some for your kids friends? Do you go all Martha Stewart like, like I do or
do or do you just buy the Hannah Montana, High School Musical pre-made
valentines? If you ever see me in the craft isles the week of
valentines slap me silly before I purchase anything please. Thank the Lord
next year with Shaggy in 5th I will only have to come up with
valentines for Rocker and DK. Apperently 5th grade is the year
you stop doing parties and stuff like that. Phew!!

5 comments:

After His heart said...

They may have required hours of work but I am feeling the love!!

The Gang's Momma! said...

I have two words for you, my crazy crafting friend: Dollar. Store. :)

The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh, two more words: Clearance. Sale.

Or: Stock. Up.

:) Love YA!

Mrs. C said...

This is where the left side of my brain wins every time. However, I don't buy the Disney or character valentines. Last year I bought a bag of prepackaged hershey candies that had to and from spaces on them. Easy peasy. This year Jeter saw that dum-dums had prepackaged valentines that were essentially the same cost as the candy itself.

And I cannot tell you that I would bop you on the head because there are other times that my right brain wins - like the nutty things we do for the boys birthdays.

Melissa said...

Before I was working...we got a tad creative...just a tad, mind you.

This year the boys in class got sport themed valentine w/ hologram stickers and the girls got Hannah Montana with lollipops. Not creative, mind you, but I'm also making a chocolate chip cheeseball with chocolate grahams for a teacher appreciation treat! And, 2 boxes of Valentines came to less than $5 including their "accessories" so I feel like it's a win-win! I'm pretty sure I couldn't make anything cheaper than that! :-)

However, I REALLY like yours and it made me long for the days of old (for a moment) of when we home schooled and did projects like this just for fun! Now, we merely cook and clean together for fun!