Monday, October 12, 2009

Family Fun Fall Weekend


Our family tradition of fall Apple picking. We do it every year now!






We usually go out twice in the fall for apples and then
make applesauce and freeze it for winter. The boys love
going each year.



We also added pumpkin pie baking this year. A dear friend
of our gave us three large crock-necked or long-necked
pumpkins from his garden. My Knight did not want them to
go to waste so Sat when we got back from apple picking he
started chopping up my gorgeous pumpkins. They are great
pumpkin pie pumpkins.

Everyone dove in. Shaggy and my Knight took care of the
pumpkins and DK, Rocker and I took care of the apples.




When I went to make pumpkin pie I tired whipping everything
up by hand. My mixer went out about 3 months ago and I have
been dragging me feet about getting a new one.
After my Knight saw me struggling to whip the egg whites
into fluffy peeks he proceeded to get his drill and show me how
a real man whips egg whites.


The boys loved it. I on the other hand am determined to get a new mixer now.:)
Poor Elise J...she would be mortified if she saw this.

We had such a great weekend. No agenda, no obligations just family fun. The weekend ended with 4 pumpkin pies, oodles of apple sauce, apple fritters and just an overall sense of peace. The boys told us it was the best weekend ever. That makes it all worth it!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

:) LOVE it! I'm sure there's a certain man in my house that will be very, very impressed by the impromtu "mixer".

Anonymous said...

Although it's a Black & Decker - your man knows how to beat an egg. ;)

We actually have some acorn squash that grew in our yard that we're hoping to make squash pie (and other things) with...in lieu of pumpkins.

Great fun! You guys are awesome!