Thursday, October 1, 2009

"I Clean Therefore I Am" - Livin'

If Rene Descartes philosophized "I think therefore I am" then I would like to declare "I clean therefore I am" or so I feel right now.

I have cleaned this house everyday this week. Is this all I was created to do? If Decartes says "I am thinking therefore I exist", then right now I say "I am cleaning therefore I exist".

I hate cleaning. I hate picking up the same piles of junk six times a week and putting the same bazillion dishes away each day. My kids work around the house too but even with their help it still is unending. I honestly feel like my total exsistance this week was to clean. No thinking, no pondering just doing laundry, washing floors, scrapping food off plates and cleaning toilets.

This hasn't been the greatest week for me. Sorry to vent but I need to start thinking more and cleaning less. Or is it that I am only thinking about cleaning therefore I exist? Oh, boy! I need a day off. Someone email my husband and tell him to take out his crazy wife before she goes and gets books on philosophy from the Library and begins to write her own philosophical ideals on motherhood. Help me please!:)



2 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Hey, Sweet Livin,

Does that mean, "I Don't Clean, Therefore I AM Not"? Yicks, I hope not or else I am really not typing this message right now. Maybe someone else is.

Love ya!!!

Amelia Antwiler said...

I don't like cleaning either.
I much prefer to sweep the room with a glance. :-D

If I were closer I'd kidnap you all the way to starbucks or somesuch. ;-)