Monday, March 22, 2010

Hello, My Name if Livin' and I am a Cake Batter-aholic

See now that I have no one at home to share my cake batter with I eat all. I used to share the batter between the three boys, even to the point of forgoing some of my own scoops because they gave me those cute looking, pitiful eyes. Now the only not-so-cute, pitiful eyes in my house are my own. I even did the horrible act of leaving extra batter in the bowl just so I can have more. I mean, come on I am not going to put the cupcake tray back in the over for just 3 more cupcakes. So I had to eat it.

My favorite ice cream is from Brusters called Cake Batter. Oh, I am so bad. I love cake batter more than cookie dough. I convince myself that I can eat the equivalent of a full cupcakes worth of batter and then opt out at dessert time for the cupcake. Then when dessert time comes I have to eat one so my family doesn't find out or get suspicious.

I need help! Anyone else out there eat cake batter or am I the only lonely poor pitiful soul out here that does.

I need more kids in my house. They keep me healthy and fit!

5 comments:

Promises said...

I love it! You are so funny! I do not eat cake batter because of the raw eggs...my mom did not let us eat it, so I think that it is kind of ingrained!

I LOVE ice cream - a little different than cake batter, but I think that it is one of my favorite desserts! Turkey Hill's Eagles Touchdown Sundae is my favorite!

ourthompsontimes said...

you're welcome to borrow my kids anytime you'd like

Amelia Antwiler said...

I love cake batter.
Not necessarily vanilla - but chocolate. oh my.... and I'll lick the beaters off of the mixer and *not* share with the kids. :-)

Beautiful Grace said...

I've had my batter eating moments!

Mrs. C said...

You are cracking me up! Nope...don't like cake batter. Can't do it.

And even though my mom has ingrained me about the eggs and uncooked flour in the batter, I do take a fingerful of the brownie batter that just didn't make it into the pan. Evenso, for me, chocolate chip cookie dough is still the best. And this is why I haven't baked in quite some time.