Saturday, August 23, 2008

Home Alone!!!!!

Wow what a weekend! Yesterday we had a fabulous evening with the Ruda family. A most amazing, beautiful couple with the greatest little ones. All night I just kept remembering how it felt to be at Tiffany's stage with the kids. BTW, you are doing an awesome job with the kiddos. You should be a proud mama.

Then to top it off my Knight brought me home bagels and a cappuccino from Panera this morning after going out and having coffee earlier with a friend of his. Then even better my Knight informed me that he and a friend of his from work (Mr. Phill) were going to take the boys out hiking and fishing(here's where my mouth hit the floor). I get the day off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a bridal shower to attend later this afternoon but the boys will be gone all day until church. Wow! So I helped pack everyone up and made lunch for them and made the boys promise not to scare Mr. Phill off. He is this great, single guy that my Knight works with and considers him a close friend. This is the first time he has been around the boys but I could see from the beginning it was going to be a great day. As soon as Phill stepped in the door he found out the boys liked transformers and like me Phill is a big Generation One Transformers fan. He and the boys hit it off. So now to find some relaxing things to do on my own. WooHOoo!!!!!

Oh, the other kicker is I get to be in service tonight at church!! I don't have to work in Children's Ministry. Boy this is a great weekend!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Wow - the day off is awesome, but the story about the gold dust gave me chills! Two great gifts in a row. :)

Enjoy the first day of school tomorrow!

Beautiful Grace said...

Hope you had a blessed "day off."