Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thank The Lord My Kids Like Hand-Me-Downs

I am blessed to have three boys who can wear hand-me-downs. This year two families handed us clothing that their older boys couldn't wear any more. They were in great condition.Hhonestly I am amazed at how well they keep their clothes. My boys tend to destroy clothing. It was like Christmas. They ran around trying everything on and yelling "that's mine, that would look good on you Shaggy, that's definitely for DK..." and so on.

It put a big smile on mama's face. I still have to go out shopping for some more jeans. Last year I had enough to just get by but I realized how much laundry I was doing to keep up with school demands. This year I want to get enough jeans that everyone can get through the week with. Unlike shopping for girls, I go to the store grab the right size and possibly a matching shirt and I'm outta there. My heart goes out to you all who have to go clothes shopping for girls. I have seen the poor moms running back and forth from rack to dressing room piled with dresses and shirts and accessories. I will pause briefly for all of you with girls for a moment of silence...................:)

Boys are much easier but I do miss the pink. Yeah for hand-me-downs!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

The moment of silence was appreciated. How glad I am that this time around, I have a boy. There aren't 40 types of jeans to choose from and sizes for boys are generally the same...oh yeah, and I'll never have to go through purchasing a training bra ever again...;)

Hands-Free Heart said...

I have been so blessed with hand-me-downs as well. Many of mine come from Trish, and they are usually in great shape. My boys haven't really shown a preference for any type of clothing, so I do almost strictly hand-me-downs, consignment and gifts from grandparents. That works for me!

Trish said...

The hand-me-downs I used to get from my neighbor and SIL have sort of dried up, so I am back to shopping. But you're right, it is easier. I am sticking to all elastic waists this year so that we don't have any potty issues from having buttons or snaps!

Beautiful Grace said...

Hand-me-downs rule!!! Most of my clothes have been given to me!!!

My most favorite is a dress my mom gave me. She said it is really old, an antique, but couldn't tell me just how old. It look homemade, and it has a metal zipper on the side. It's made of this chiffon-like flowing material. I love it, very classic!!!