Friday, October 31, 2008

I Like These Older Years

I have enjoyed every stage of my kids but with 3 boys all within a 15 month- 2 year span things got very crazy at times. Now things are a little more quiet and settled. This morning I awoke to the smell of coffee brewing. My alarm had not gone off yet and my husband was not back from the gym so were was this coming from?

As I followed the sweet aroma of brewing coffee I found Shaggy in the kitchen. Here he was making coffee for his mama this morning. AWWWWW! It just melted my heart! I love having older kids. It's the best. I miss my babies but there is something special when they are old enough to really show their love for you. It blessed me so much this morning. What a guy!!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

How cute!

I agree: older kids are awesome. Think about how much different it will be when Siter Paul comes along! You'll have so much help. Ah, yes. They may make us want to scream, but older kids are wonderful.

Beautiful Grace said...

How wonderful!!!

Every night, my boys come into my bedroom to say goodnight. I'm already in bed by that point, so snuggling prayer is how I end my day.

Last night, Fire played the guitar and sang to me, before our regular goodnight prayer time.

You're right, older kids are an awesome blessing, but I still miss scooping up my boys and kissing them unreservedly, while they drooled and giggled!!