Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Joys Of Christmas Found in the Most Unusual Places

  1. Taking our Elderly Neighbor Miss Hope to the boys Christmas concert at School. She was thrilled.
  2. Handing out homemade fudge to our neighbors and seeing smiles replace the worries and cares of the holiday season.
  3. Hearing my sons say their excitement isn't about the presents this year but having "family" over on Christmas.
  4. Hanging out with a dear friend yesterday on an impromptu outing.
  5. Wrapping Miss Hopes Christmas gifts for her because it hurts her hands to wrap now a days.
  6. Knowing that tomorrow will be filled with excitement and relaxation. We can just be ourselves.
  7. Spending a quiet evening with my Knight tonight. The kids will go to bed on time( I wore them out today) and we wrapped all our gifts weeks ago. So we can sit looking at the Christmas lights enjoying each others company.
This Christmas has been a healing journey for me and I know I have over come my angst about the Christmas season. We kept it low key and relaxed and I was able to see the simple pleasures of this season. God is good and his love endures forever!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Loved this post girl. You are a wonderful sister.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What a great encounter with Christ...

What a blessing it is to read...almost as though we share in the same encounter.

Great day...the righteous marching.