Monday, December 29, 2008

Another Family Moment With The Lord

Today at breakfast we had another great moment when we collaborated as a unit with the Lord. I have been praying for the boys that they would have dreams and encounters with the Lord in the night. For the past three weeks now they each have had many dreams with powerful meanings. This morning Shaggy shared with me and Rocker and DK that he had a strange dream last night and wanted to know what it meant.

I asked him if he could share with us at breakfaast and he agreed. This was his dream..."We were at a toy store, I think looking for a toy for me. There were two isles. One bad and one good (I asked him to explain why they were distinctly bad and good). He said one was filled with K'nex toys and some kind of magnetic toys and the other was filled with witchcraft toys, ghosts and stuff. Rocker and he crept on the floor and went over to the bad isle were they saw a box with a skeleton raising someone back to life. They didn't touch it or pick it up but then ran over to the good isle, picked out a K'nex box and took it home to play with. It was a K'nex roller coaster."

So this is where my Knight and I have learned to not interpret or hear from the Lord for our  children but to encourage them to hear and listen for themselves. It's way more powerful when they receive the revelation from God and you can encourage them that they are hearing correctly. So I ask the Lord (out loud) "What do you want Shaggy to know about this dream?" Some things started to come to me immediately but I just bookmarked them and waited on Shaggy. Rocker and DK said they heard too and I asked them kindly to hold on to it until Shaggy gets something.

Shaggy said he heard the Lord tell him that the K'nex side was God's side and the witchcraft side was satan's side. Even though he went over there to look he did not pick up anything on satan's side and came back to God's side. I just kept asking God questions out loud to Shaggy and waiting for a response from him. Then when the Lord seemed to be done with Shaggy I let Rocker share. He heard the Lord saying that it was a warning to be careful to guard ourselves. That was right on too. I heard the Lord say it immediately when Shaggy started to share. DK said satan and his stuff is bad (very cool revelation for a 6 year old!).

So we each continued to talk and build on revelation upon revelation with what the Lord was sharing with each of us. No one person was the interpreter but each of us heard clearly from the Lord and I would just affirm their hearts. In the end the Lord showed us that the K'nex represented the gifts and things of His Kingdom He wanted us to have and that the enemy is right next to us always trying to show us a counterfeit. Our spirits as a family are naturally drawn into the supernatural and we have to guard ourselves from being curious of satan's power. I shared a little of my personal testimony with the boys and seeing satan's power first hand and how it can draw you if you let it. As an encouraging thought I shared that the Lord showed Shaggy he and Rocker just looked at the package, they didn't touch it or buy it and then went back to the other isle. I felt strongly that the Lord was showing them they will not fall into that stuff. Of course then they were able to see they got a better toy or should I say gift. They got the K'nex roller coaster. Talk about God taking them for a awesome ride in their life.

Well, a long and wordy post about how we roll in the spirit. Next time your kids ask you about a question regarding the Lord ask the Lord out loud the question and direct it back to them. Encourage them to listen for the answer. Help when they need some guidance but allow them to hear the voice of God. It is an amazing thing to witness. 

I am sure there is more to this dream. I will probably pray about this some more and talk to my Knight about it but for now the Lord revealed what He wanted to, to Shaggy. God is good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is where my Knight and I have learned to not interpret or hear from the Lord for our children but to encourage them to hear and listen for themselves.
AWESOME!!...humble wisdom...thank you!

Thanks again for posting this! We will be on alert for teachable moments like these - to direct our children to listen and hear from the Lord.

Great post!

I think they should get a K-nex set...even though it's after Christmas day now.. ;)

Beautiful Grace said...

AWESOME!! You and your Knight are very wise spiritual parents!!!

After His Heart said...

You and your knight are hearing and doing just what the Father would do, "let the little children come unto me". Mark and Patti Virkler talk about this kind of parenting in their book "Rivers of Grace". Looks like you don't need a book because you "saw" what the Father was doing!

Amelia Antwiler said...

Very Cool.