Monday, December 15, 2008

More Embarrassing Moments At the Livin' Household

Just trying to exist in an all male household can be difficult at times but for some reason God placed these three amazing young men in my life to make life exciting and very humbling. Today a dear bloggy & in real life friend stopped by to drop of goodies and a christmas card. I was in the shower at the time while Shaggy was home from school (he was actually sick today).

She must have knocked on the door and Shaggy went to see who it was. All I know of what happened next is from the retelling of Shaggy so here goes...

"Mom some lady I think I remember but don't remember her name dropped these off for you while you were in the shower (he hands me the card and goodies). Because I couldn't remember her too well I didn't open the door just cranked out the window and she handed them through."

It was our broken window too so I asked how he shut the window afterwards. He told me he watched until she drove away ran outside and pushed the window closed and then ran back inside. Sheesh! I just laughed and called her up to leave a message  letting her know how sorry I was that she had to participate in our walk up window delivery system. I am so sorry.

Then later that day the delivery guy shows up to give us our new dryer. Not ready for this event I left my bra's and things hanging downstairs. I chase Shaggy down to grab them off the line  while I tried to keep them busy upstairs so he could get them down and hide them so they wouldn't have to see my under-thingy's. To my dismay by the time I get to the basement with the delivery men my wonderful son turns to us with bra's and panties in hand asking "Are these what you want me to hide?" (I have to explain that one of those undergarments so boldly displayed by my son had "All eyes on me" written across them) I turned every shade of red while I ripped them out of his hands and flung them into a corner of our basement and thanked Shaggy for his help a little sarcastically. The guys just laughed.

Oh my, nothing is personal in our house. Being the only woman is just so darn hard.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Am I reading correctly that a pair of what I'm assuming is your underwear has "All Eyes On Me" printed on them!? You're sick. You're naughty. What kind of playful newlywed marriage are you livin' over there?

Kelli said...

:) I love these stories...I'm sure that when they happen to me in the near future, you'll love hearing them from someone else. ;)

After His Heart said...

How cute! At least he wasn't holding them up by his fingertips saying, "ewwww yukkkk"!

Beautiful Grace said...

Oh, my, i just remembered when Fire was little, I took him to a play. He was digging in my purse for something (I don't remember what) when all of a sudden, he pulled a tampon out of my purse and boldly asked, "What's this, Mommy?" This wouldn't have been so bad except that we were sitting with our male, unmarried youth pastor. Wow, was I embarrassed!!!

BTW. I like being the only girl. God knew I needed three men to protect me. I'm thankful!!!

Natalie said...

Thanks for the call, the IM and whatever else I haven't responded to yet!

I didn't think twice about handing a plate of The Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls through a window. I actually applauded his caution. Since it was sort of early in the morning, I thought I may catch you in your jammies still or in the shower. No worries.

And I LOVE the underwear story. Classic.