Thursday, March 12, 2009

Facing Transition

At our church we keep hearing the Pastoral community tell us as a Body we are going through transition, be prepared. I didn't like transition during any of my births. I remember that time period very distinctly. Your are tired from labor and you think you have experienced all the pain your body could handle and then whamo, you hit transition. Looking back I should have taken that as a sign things were almost done. I was at the turning point in the birthing process. It was the climax but because of the battle that ensued before it emotionally and physically I was spent. I just wasn't thinking straight. Within a mere 1/2 hour of transition each of my boys burst forth into this world.

That's where I am right now with the Lord. I am in transition. I am uncomfortable with where I am but it doesn't seem to me like I am moving forward either. Just like giving birth you can't always see what's going on behind the scenes or I should say I didn't want to. One nurse asked if I wanted a mirror to see what was going on down there. I looked at her as if she had three heads and replied "There is a reason God put my head up here instead of down there, no thanks."

Last night my Knight helped me walk out more transition. Like he did during each birth he coached me along. We prayed through my pain and discomfort. He helped me find my focus point which of course is Jesus. In giving birth you are encouraged to find a focal point to help you not become so overwhelmed by the pain. Last night I needed that same thing.

I found out a lot about myself last night in the midst of the pain and discomfort. I found out why I don't like to be alone all day by myself and why I have such a hard time making decisions on my own. Do you know it was all because of experiences from my past. The Lord showed up and spoke truth and brought peace back into my life where anxiety and stress wanted to deposit themselves. I remember when I held my husbands hands during labor and he spoke the truth to me about the birthing process, the pain was a little easier and the discomfort became bearable. He would tell me it was going to be OK and that this would soon be over. God did the same thing last night. My healing came but the discomfort is still there. It's because I am transitioning into something new. I know it will be breaking forth soon. I have rounded the corner and now I am at the climax. What's coming? I honestly don't know but I know it is breakthrough. All of this wrestling is preparation for what's to come. Our labor is difficult as women but I also think it prepares us for motherhood. Motherhood isn't easy. We will battle, feel pain, be put in difficult situations and risk our lives for our children. The birthing process helps us to see God gave us the strength and the ability to make it through. This process is showing me that through Christ I can do it, whatever He has planed for me.

So now I head off to seek His face. I want to focus on Him and not lose sight in the midst of the transition. What is it you want me to learn through this Father? So are any of you going through transition of any type? Have you ever been here before? If you can share please feel free. You might just have a golden nuget from the Lord about your transition that could help others who are facing their time of transition.

4 comments:

After His heart said...

Oh, you have inspired me! So I blogged my own thoughts. Thanks for inspiring me today!!!

Anonymous said...

Transition...yes. I do not have the first hand experience of natural transition in child-birth - but I have been through a few seasons of transition in my spiritual life...

One in particular involving forgiveness....

Asking for forgiveness was difficult - but I found receiving it was even more difficult....

All the while - Jesus reminded me that "the truth will set you free"....Joy comes in the morning.....and that I need to 'press on to the goal that for which Christ Jesus has taken hold of me'....

A season may last but for a moment...

Faith grows from our obedience...form our self-submission to Him.

Beautiful Grace said...

Transition during the births of my sons was, let's say, intense, but the thing I remember the most besides intensity was the fact that I only could hear Strongman's voice above the others, and that was comforting to me.

Spiritually speaking, the intensity the Body of Christ is now experiencing should mirror that of the natural birthing process. The only voice we hear should be of the Holy Spirit. The intensity of spiritual transition should narrow our focus to One! Do I always only hear the voice of my Beloved above all others in every difficult situation...no, but that is why I press into Jesus.

The voices that call to me during my transition are voices from the past attempting to cloud the clarity of hearing my Jesus!

I'm participating in a prayer directive focus right now through Chuck Peirce's ministry called "Change Your Brain," and it has been helpful. It's a 28 day focus broken into 7 day increments. I receive them via e-mail, but you can also go to Chuck's website.

Here's the link, if you want to check it out.

http://www.glory-of-zion.org/outmail/2-28-09_BrainFocus2Online.htm

Melissa said...

This is a great post. It is inspiring. I felt like last year was more of a "quiet before the storm hit"! Right now, there are all different stresses coming at me that I feel like one of those people who spin/juggle those plates...and, I worry that if I stop "spinning" they'll all come crashing down. The good thing is that God is helping me walk through it and trust Him even more!