Sunday, June 22, 2008

HMMMMM?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The Inland North

Philadelphia

The Northeast

The South

The West

Boston

North Central

What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

Not sure about the results. I grew up in South Jersey which makes me sound nothing like those from North Jersey. My mom was a stickler about pronunciation so I might not have a real recognizable accent at all. My father was also big into public speaking so as I entered many Public Speaking competitions as a teen, both my mom and dad coached me to not have a really strong accent. They told me if I ever wanted to be in PR or radio, television I could not have a noticeable accent. I guess this test proves they were correct to some degree and they successfully striped me of any accent. However, coming from South Jersey I still can't say Lancaster correctly and people automatically know I am not from PA. So there you have it. I guess if you know me and have heard me speak you can leave a comment and let me know your thoughts. I just can't tell if I have an accent or not. :)

No comments: