Monday, May 18, 2009

Conditions for a Miracle are Impossibilities!

I highly recommend watching this movie. It can be a little slow at times but the testimony of this family is remarkable. I say testimony because it is based on a true story. A friend at my husbands work told us we needed to watch this and we put it off for a month or so. Finally last night we rented this, Robots and Expelled. Let me rabbit trail here to say I highly recommend Expelled too!

Our faith is being grown. We are standing in a place of impossibilities so a miracle must be around the corner. Watching this movie we began to see what happens when faith is put to work in your life. It can move mountains!! The Lord spoke to me one night about this housing situation we are in and told me it wasn't really about blessing us with a house. He choose the housing process to grow us and work in our hearts. This is more about us than it is about a house. Ahhhhhha! The light bulb went on. Our revelation of God needed an upgrade. Our picture of God needed to be stretched. Maybe we saw Him as an 8x10 but He wants us to see Him as a billboard. So how does this work?

Well, Sat we went to look at a house. It was in a 100% financing zone and it was in our price range. It wasn't everything the Lord had us write down that we needed in a house but it could work. Hint, hint we could make it work. After leaving that house, my Knight and I began to talk. We were heading right to church that evening so we had to talk fast. I heard the Realtor say "This is your only chance guys. It is basically what you wanted and there might not be another. You are asking for too much with what you can do and afford." That hit like a cement truck. During service I could not worship. The weight of this just left me incapacitated. I kept asking God to take it away so I could worship Him but I heard Him gently tell me "I would rather you sit down here and talk to me then sing an empty song to me." I worried about what others might think as I sat in prayer instead of praise but again I hear the voice of God speak softly "I don't care. Just sit."

As I sat there the Father and I conversed back and forth. Like an awesome Father He is it wasn't all about giving me the answer, He asked a lot of questions. The one question that really got me was "Could you make this work?" I replied "Yes Father." "Then do you want to make it work or do you want to see Me do a miracle? The choice is yours. You can make it work or you can watch Me do something impossible. I am using this to not only to stretch you and Scott but also your Realtor. He is a man of God but his faith needs an upgrade. He will be a blessing to many in the real-estate realm if he witnesses My hand. Imagine how he will approach other couples if he see how I blessed you."

This has turned up the heat and raised the ante. It no longer is just about us but it will impact others. To confirm that word the Movie demonstrated this when Angus and his wife Jill heard God tell them to plant potatoes in a drought. Potatoes being one of the hardest crops to raise could not survive a drought. He obeyed at the mocking of many. Come time to harvest there had been no rain. In agricultural terms there should be no potatoes. That was an impossibility. When they dug into the ground they not only found potatoes but huge ones and it became a bumper crop. The whole town came out to witness it and were forever changed.

This is definitely stretching me. I would like to crawl in my self sufficient hole and not emerge until the fall but then I will not encounter God. I choose to be extreme for Him and step out when He tells me too because I want whatever He has got. Desire more!! Sacrifice all so you can go for the full bounty of the Lord. Let God set the table for miracles with impossibilities in your life. Don't pull back from impossibilities but embrace them and get ready for your miracle. We are!

6 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

I had my biology class watch, Expelled. It is an eye-opening movie. I particularly like the animations of the internal workings of a cell...very cool. I'll have to look for the movie you have recommended.

It is awesome that you had the one-on-one conversation with God during worship! Isn't that what a personal relationship is all about?

Bless you, Dear!!!

Anonymous said...

Exciting post.....

:)

We'll look into the movie too...Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

Waiting is hard, but His timing is perfect. That hope and trust is what will get you through. I can't wait to hear of the marvelous "things" (not just a house, but spiritual things) He has in store for you in this area of your lives!

After His heart said...

I can't wait to watch the movie! Thanks for sharing all the Lord is teaching you. It's like I get to peek into your interaction with "Papa". It blesses and encourages me too!!

After His heart said...

We watched it! It was a great story. I had trouble with the language in the beginning but I got over that as the story moved forward.

Expelled is next!

Anonymous said...

we did too!!

And like 'After His Heart'...I had a little trouble understanding the dialect - African Scottish thing - but I'm over that now. :)

Great film...and yes - Your Knight was right...that one scene in particular was quite disturbing...not a scene I want to remember, and am actually praying that I don't...

Oh...but a great movie!