Friday, May 15, 2009

When All Hell Breaks Out Against You, You Just Need The Angel of The Lord

Today my mind was swirling with negativity, sadness, heaviness and hopelessness. I was not sure of anything in my life. I felt abandoned and rejected. I took it personally questioning my own faith in God not realizing all Hell had been charged with orders to attack, kill and destroy.

While standing at my oven battling thought after thought something moved out of the corner of my left eye. It was something like a person. It was so real I thought my Knight had come home to help his crazy wife. Then it quickly walked behind me. I felt the floor move and I could feel a person brushing by my back. As I turned I was met with a Man in Armor in my Kitchen. I just stood still.

I asked the Lord why was he here. This is the conversation that ensued "All hell is coming against you and Scott. He is the 'Angel of the Lord'. He will be your rear guard." My mind immediately flashed to Joshua. The 'Angel of the Lord' came to him in a time of great struggle and battle. But wait! That was really Jesus! As I looked at Him I asked if that meant what I thought it meant. I heard the Lord concur. I was standing in the presence of Jesus seeing Him as a Warrior. Silence fell on me and I couldn't speak. Finally I felt prompted to go downstairs and put on praise and worship music and soak. Jesus disappeared. I could no longer see Him but as soon as I sat on our couch I felt someone sit next to me. Again I could no longer see but I felt Him. I felt a hand on my head.

I tried asking what to pray and what to do but all I heard was "be silent and rest." I sat their with my head in my hands and for the first time in my life I had not one thought. My mind was at perfect peace. I listened to the music and in the midst of the peace fell asleep. I awoke to my husband calling. We talked about what happened. I feel so refreshed right now. My mind is quiet and peaceful. I am ready to continue this journey. I believe this all came about because the love and prayers of my spiritual mom and dad. Apparently my dad prayed with my husband early this morning that the Lord would encounter me. Uhhh, can you say the prayers of a righteous man avails much!

Lord continue to encounter me and my family and my loved ones near and far!! We need you in the midst of these dark days. Come and reveal yourself to your Bride more and more. Let this be but the beginning!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Well that was quite a different post from earlier B-dawg. I'm so grateful to the Lord for what He's doing in your life. :) Love you.

Kelli said...

Woah!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool....

I was a little nervous when I read the title..expecting a difficult read, but that was exciting!

Yippy. ;)

Beautiful Grace said...

AWESOME!!!

Amelia Antwiler said...

VERY COOL.
Very cool indeed.
Awesome testimony!!!