Monday, May 4, 2009

Having Faith When All I Want To Do Is Run

My Knight and I are stepping out in faith in a BIG way right now. I can't go into many details about it but lets just say with the economy in the state it is we are going against the flow. The Lord has asked us to step out in faith and trust Him completely for our financial needs. Wow!

It's one thing to stand for your daily needs, we have been doing that and we have see His faithfulness time and time again but this is bigger. So right now He continues to help us take baby steps. My husband loves telling me that since his favorite movie is based off a character who writes a book called Baby Steps (What About Bob). This is where rubber meets the road. I love hearing about amazing testimonies of others when God came through and just blew them away with His power or faithfulness but I guess I never thought to ask what it was like before the breakthrough. I now want to ask that because we are standing in this "gap". It is the "gap" between the Word given and the time it is received. Testimonies are always filled with the promise and the result but many don't speak of the time in between.

This is where the enemy would like to kick the ever living snot out of me. He would love to fill my head with doubt and unbelief. He would love to bring anxiety and fear because he knows if he can get me discouraged enough we will let go of our promise and then never see the fulfillment of that promise. The "gap" is a hard place to be. People look at you and scoff at you here. Again they can't see end result. Just another tactic of the enemy.

So we are standing right now. Once in a while my knees shake a bit when the storm clouds roll by or when the rain pelts us a little harder but I want to stand. I want to keep my eyes fixed upwards to the heavens and see the Father. Lately that means cleaning, laundry, cooking and walking with my son's ipod jammed in my ears listening to nothing but praise music. It means taking each thought captive and only allowing truth to reside in my heart. It means getting a daily dose of God's voice every day. It means a battle.

Our Pastor's son said once at church while sharing some testimonies "You have to go through a "test" to get the "monies". We just don't get awesome testimonies of God's goodness by being placid or passive. We must move out with Him and stand in the storms. Even though at times I may want to run I am going to stand and believe and hope and have the faith that God is good and He keeps His promises. If you are out there standing in the "gap" between a promise and it's fulfillment don't feel alone. Don't feel overwhelmed. Don't run. Stand. Keep your eyes fixed upon our provider, Jehovah Jireh. If you would like to even leave me a comment about your time of standing in the "gap" so we can stand together. Believe me I will be praying for you too!

4 comments:

After His heart said...

Oh yes, standing in the gap with you right now. Between the promise and the fulfillment. However, I will lift up my voice and praise Him, until........

Melissa said...

oh yeah. You're ready. What will come through clear as a bell is your precious heart and your love for the Lord!! I would much rather hear someone sincerely and passionately in love with Jesus then someone who says all the right things, but they are just empty words.

:) You'll do great! I know you will...this is the season God has been talking to you about! Yeah God!

Anonymous said...

We're right there with you guys!

...All glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or even think! Ephesians 3:20

Oh...and right before the presbytery..the Lord directed me to this verse:

Behold, the former things have come to pass, Now I declare new things; Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you! Isaiah 42:9

Kelli said...

When I was a single mom I didn't have much and really I wasn't great with my finances. I wasn't tithing because I told the Lord that I didn't even have enough to pay my bills, so how could I tithe? The Holy Spirit worked on my heart and revealed it to me that I must tithe, that it was imperitive. So, I started. It was really hard. One of the first times, I had no money in the bank. None. (This was before I really took toheart the idea of giving the first fruits, but He still met me where I was.) God told me to write out my tithe check anyway. "God," I said, "I am not going to write a check that will bounce. That's just dumb." But I began to tremble and I was compelled to do it.

Right after I placed the check in the bag, the woman sitting next to me said, "The Lord told me to give you all the money I have in my purse. It's the money I would normally use to go out for lunch this whole week, but the Holy Spirit told me to brown bag it." After my pleasentries of "no, I can't" and "Really, it's okay." It dawned on my that this was God's provision. I took it and counted it after service. It was twent dollars more than I had placed in the bag that morning.

Obedience is important to Him. He will bless it. You two are much more faithful with your finances that I was at that time. He will bless you. I just know it.