Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Almost Over!!!

The end of school is coming and we can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The week after our last day begins the summer music program for the boys. Shaggy is playing trumpet and Rocker is learning to play the string bass. That thing is huge!!! I guess I was planning on it being a Cello but nope it sure is humongous.

Anyway, things are winding down. I am finishing up traveling into Mechancisburg twice a day. We had a bad bus situation so I just resolved to this running back and forth for the sake of the kids. They are happier and I feel better knowing they are not being bullied and having to hear the "F" word 100 times a day.

Their last day is June 5th. We will head out that weekend for a 4 day camping trip up North. I am soooooo looking forward to it. Sleeping out in the woods, camp fires at night, hiking during the day it just doesn't get any better for me. Granted, one day I would like to make it to Disney World or go on a cruise but I sure do like camping. The best part is just being able to get away as a family. No cell phones, computers or modern conveniences. It works well with three boys. I love the peace about it and that as a family it brings us closer together.

So, I am looking forward to this summer. I have lots of art plans for the boys and I and some adventurous activities planned. I know some of you have already begun your summer fun but what's on everyones to do list this summer? Got any great ideas? Yay for summer break!!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Sounds like that will be a nice getaway for you guys to kick start the summer.

I will still be working 4 hours a day, and I'm expecting to spend a lot of time at Hersheypark with Michael, especially now that he can ride so many roller coasters!

We are planning a trip to Illinois for August to see my family. It kind of feels like we have to do it, so I am really praying for peace and grace to get through it. We are going to fit some fun stuff in around seeing my family (yes, I know that sounds bad).