Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Was Inspired, Encouraged & Compelled








I was inspired by a post over at The Pioneer Woman Photography. One of the authors gave a compelling story of why we should shoot pictures with ourselves in them with our kids. It really got to me. I always avoided the camera, but this time I set out trying to get some shots with me and the boys. They even took some of the photos themselves. I want them to have memories of me. So don't worry about what you look like, whether you have crooked teeth like me or your hair is not doing it's thing. Your kids adore you no matter what you look like because you are their mama and they will love the pictures later on in life. Go read the post over at TPWP you'll understand why. :)

The rest of the pics are of my favorite little men!!



7 comments:

After His heart said...

Beautiful! All of you are simple beautiful! I'm sure these are pictures that all of you will cherish!

tiffany said...

they are such awesome photos!!! keep it up :)

Beautiful Grace said...

My desktop picture is one with me and my sons. I treasure looking at it, because I treasure them. Keep taking those pics. Pictures capture a moment in time on paper (or computer) and our moments are fleeting.

Beautiful Mommy and sons!!!!

Love....

Trish @ Another Piece of the Puzzle said...

This is such a good point and the pictures look wonderful! Thanks for sharing the encouragement. :)

Mrs. C said...

Love these pictures...you have such an adorable family.

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures!!

What a great post...great idea. we have so so so many pictures of the kids - but very few of us with them. We need to get some - for their sake. :)

Amelia Antwiler said...

Those are awesome pictures!!!
Love them!!!!