Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Crappy Birthday!





Yesterday was my Knights 32nd birthday and yes it was unfortunately very crappy. We love celebrating birthdays here at our house or at least I do but for reasons beyond my control there was nothing I could do to redeem this day for him. We celebrated a little on Sat. with our spiritual "mom" & "dad" but I really wanted to do something for him from us.

Well, we knew a head of time yesterday was going to be a bad day, we just didn't realize how bad. My Knight had a terrible day a work. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. On top of that he discovered that our air condition in the van is not working. Something about the pump or thingy is broken. We have been waiting to get another wheel baring fixed on the van so this is now becoming an exhaustive list of fixes. Then we had to meet with a Realtor to start our house hunting process. My Knight no more than stepped in the door and then was whipped back out to the Realtors office. This has been a huge leap of faith for us. We knew the meeting was going to be difficult but it turned out to be very discouraging.

On the way home we got into a huge argument and we just needed some time a part, so I headed to a woman's event a church. By the time I got back we still weren't seeing eye to eye. We went to bed angry at each other. Yuck!!!

At 2am I woke up and I mean I was wide awake. I laid there for at least half an hour trying to fall back to sleep. Then the Lord said to me get up and go pray. So I did. I prayed until 4 something this morning. I am exhausted but I have a better prospective on things. One thing I do want to do is redeem my Knights birthday today. So tonight I am going to try and sneak a balloon and cupcakes into our class just to surprise him. I know we don't have the extra to do this but I am going to make it happen because he is just that important to us as a family. I am also going to go buy him his favorite movie What About Bob. We are going to turn this "crappy" birthday into a Happy Birthday if it kills me!!! If you see him tonight or sometime this week give him a hug and wish him a happy birthday please. He needs some extra lovin' right now!

2 comments:

Trish @ Another Piece of the Puzzle said...

Sounds like a great plan, and I'm sure he will love it!

Kelli said...

:) It was fun