Friday, May 15, 2009

I Just Wish I Knew What We Are Supposed To Do Next...

We have felt the Lord say to us go and buy a house this year. It isn't that we have been wanting a new house or frustrated with the one we are living in, we just heard Him say to go buy a house this year. In obedience we began the step by step process. First we had a financial counselor at our church go over are finances. It was kind of our fleece. If the financial counselor told us no this would not be a wise decision than we would stop moving forward. To our surprise he said he thought we were hearing from the Lord and we could keep moving forward.

This has been the most stressful and nauseating experience I have ever been through and we have been through some tough times. Our marriage has been dropped into a pressure cooker and it's not holding up to well. On top of that my Knight's job has just been horrific. Late nights, working weekends and little to no communication has just made for a perfect storm in our life. We feel it, the kids feel it and probably our neighbors see it.

We are stalled out in the process of buying a house and we just don't know what the next step is. Right now it is all God or nothing. I knew this would be a leap of faith for us but I didn't realize how much we would be tested on it. I didn't realize just us believing we heard the voice of God would be tested. I thought people got amazing revelations from God and bada bing bada bang things happen. That's not quite the case here. I haven't been in this process long and I am already done. I am quite satisfied to stay where we live now and quit looking for a house but I know that isn't what God has for us. So we now wait for the next step. I feel like I am totally missing the mark and not hearing and not understanding and ....well you know the deadly spiral this could turn into. If you think about us at all in the next several days or so please pray for us. We want to be obedient but the pressure of it all feels to overwhelming. We also need a big breakthrough. We have hit a wall and without God's complete intervention we can go no where. So please pray for us. Things are hotter than hades at our house and I imagine things are only going to get worse before they get better. You know the old saying "It gets darker before the dawn."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember...God said go ahead and buy a house. He didn't say it had to be this week, month...ya know? Take your time.

Maybe - pray about the specific things you would need in a house. Make a list & pray over that list. The Lord will bring the house to you that is the "perfect fit".

Needless to say - we will pray with you guys. :)

Rest.

After His heart said...

Two keys, "it's God or nothing", and "without God's intervention, it's not happening". There you go, simple as that. The balls in His court. Wait for it to come back to you before you swing again!

That's the problem with reading the Bible, we don't see the wait time! Believe, there is normally a wait time!!!!

And I might add, whenever I'm "out front" teaching something, I always seem to have to learn a few things right in the midst of it! Besure your enemy would love to put a kink in your watering hose!!!

Amelia Antwiler said...

Hang on -- Because just about the time it's the nastiest -- Breakthrough is on the other side!!!