Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Warning!!! Girly Post!

I completed the most dreaded shopping trip of the season, I went to get a new swim suit. After pulling out our summer things I happily piled my old suit on the bed. To my dismay my Knight abruptly asked "Aren't you getting a new one?" Gasp!!!! My mind was going wild with the various inferences that could be taken from that statement.

Being very put out I asked Him why. He said it was because of the top. It was a tankinee and the bra was getting all wonky. Every time I put it on I had to straighten out the top so I didn't look like I had 4 boobies. It was a favorite of mine and so after a couple years it was looking a little worn.

Reluctantly I went out to shop thinking if I headed out early enough in the season I could find something I really liked and not just what was left over. I don't know how many suits I tried on but it was at least 4 trips to the changing room with piles of suits. I took in the maximum amount allowed in there. Each time I walked a little slower and my head hung a little lower. The big thing is they don't make cute bathing suits any more for women. The teeny boppers have these cute looking suits but are as skimpy as all get out. I don't like it all hanging out and there are some parts of me that others really don't want hanging out any more either. I wanted cute and pretty but not slinky and skimpy.

Finally I found a pair of shorts that were actually bathing suit bottoms and a long top. It's cute, it's fun and it's concealing enough in the areas that need to be. The top also supports my boobies enough that it doesn't make them look like just another roll on my body. The picture is my actual suit. The funniest thing of it all is I showed my boys the suit when they got home. When they saw it they all sighed this huge sigh of relief. I inquired about their reaction. Shaggy told me "I like it, I am just glad it's shorts. Your other suit made you look like you were wearing your underwear." I then gasped! My underwear?! I explained that girls suits are different then guys but they still insisted it just looks like underwear. Oh well. Part of me can't believe that's what they thought and part of me is glad they are a little more conservative.

Now I take a big sigh of relief knowing I am done with that, although after all that time in the changing rooms I am ready to seriously get to exercising. That was a big wake up call for me! I hate shopping, especially swim suit shopping! YUCK!!!!






4 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

That suit looks totally like "you!" And you are right, no matter your shape and/or size, there is no good way to swimsuit shop.

I like the boys' conservative approach. It is hard to be a mom to boys in these days, isn't it?!

Kelli said...

:) If you, the woman with the body that I would love to have, hates to shop for bathing suits, then where is the hope for the rest of us??? :) Now you know why I haven't owned one in like 10 years.

Krazy Klingers said...

I despise shopping for bathing suits! I am long from neck to hips so one piece suits don't fit me and there is no way I am wearing a bikini so I resort to a tankini... even then it took me 2 years to find a suit I felt comfortable in. Now if I could only preserve it for the rest of my life?????

After His heart said...

What about a regular mom designing bathing suits? Doesn't anyone have this calling?