Thursday, May 7, 2009

We Are Not Living In A TIme of Judgement

I know I shared a couple posts ago that I was digesting all the power downloads God spoke to me during the Voice of the Prophets Conference. It has been amazing to see so many seeds planted during those 4 days. Just as in the physical realm as Pa is being drenched in rain and plants and grass are sprouting all over the place I feel as though spiritually the Father is pouring out His rain on me. Seeds in my heart our now sprouting and taking root about His truth.

One word given that week that has forever change my view of life was a word given by Graham Cooke. He began by telling us we are not living in a time of judgment. Hmmm... at first it was a Wow, but now the light bulb has been flicked on in my spirit Aha! How long had I been walking under this false belief that we still lived under judgment? See, there are two times humanity will face judgment. The first was when Jesus died on the cross. He took our place in judgment. He died for everything we deserved to be punished for. He stepped into the Fathers hand of judgment when he gave His life for us. We no longer had to make atonement for ourselves.

The second time humanity will face judgment will be the final day of this world. Kingdoms and people of this world will be judged but those whose names are found in the Lambs book of Life will enter into an eternity of rest in His presence. Those are the two times of judgment.

I have lived under false judgment this whole time. I kept waiting for the lightening to strike or the fire from heaven to fall. I also lived under the false lie that I could judge. That's what we do, right? We as Christians judge between right and wrong. We determine who needs God and who is righteous, right? WRONG!!!!!

If God is not judging us, then how can we judge others. I have felt such a freedom lately with this new revelation of God's love. He is not judging me. He is not keeping score. He loves me no matter what. WOW!! Granted this has not given me the freedom to do what I want. Honestly it has helped me accept Him when he corrects me. That isn't judgment it is love. Do we not gently guide our kids with correction not because we would ever want them to face our wrath but because we want them to be filled with blessing. That's the Father's heart. He quickens my spirit when I may be walking in something that is only going to bring me pain and curses but he does not make another tally mark on my file in heaven. "Oh, there she goes again. Mark it down boys she screwed up again. Pour out another one of those bowls of judgment. Hopefully one day she will get this right." No, that's not the Father.

The enemy would love for us to believe we live in a time of judgment. He loves to condemn the world. For goodness sake he tried his best to condemn Jesus when Jesus took our place but he has nothing on us. Just lies. He judges us. He's keeping a record, but we are not held by his record.

This revelation has also quickened me to how much I judged others. Well, if we walk under the false lie of judgment then we too will judge. It's the old lie siblings get stuck in when they compare themselves with their brothers or sisters. "If I am going to get punished then he/she needs to too. They did something even worse then I did." I hear that a lot with the boys. If I accepted the lie I am being judged then I will judge.

It has lifted a heavy burden off my life to know I am not being judged, I am not being scrutinized, I am actually being loved. I now don't judge and I don't scrutinize. What a freedom. You don't realize how big of a task that is to judge the world and I wasn't even doing a good job of it. Phew, glad to hand that off. So walk in freedom knowing this is a time of great Mercy, forgiveness and love. The Father will guide us and direct us but He is not on the throne in heaven with a gavel. We are not living in a time of judgment!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post....Thank you.

After His heart said...

How do you spell relief? G R A C E. That's what we live in, grace! Your word is right on, and you did a great job in sharing it. Thanks for reminding me again of His love and grace!