Saturday, March 8, 2008

Grocery Cart Vigilante

Drama King has turned into this Grocery Cart Vigilante. It never fails when we return our cart to the appropriate drop off zone he scans the parking lot for the runaway carts, those people did not return. He then bolts off gathering all shopping carts in view. Even when we get in the van and are heading out he will fuss if he sees one left out in the open. Yesterday I was in a hurry trying to get home to make a meal for a family in need when I heard from the back of the van "Mommy stop, STOP!! There is a cart not put back. Someone will smash it with their car. We have to put it back." See we just can't leave them there. So yes we pull over and push it back.

I love his attitude about wanting to do what is right, but every time? Why can't we just put ours back and feel good about that. No, we have to put every one's back. So if you ever pass by a Grocery Store Parking lot and see this crazy woman and her 5 year old son pushing carts around don't worry it's just me and Drama King.

P.S. Please put your grocery carts back for my sake!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Hands-Free Heart said...

I'll have to let you borrow this really silly low-budget computer-animated video we have...

The characters are cars, and the one show is about a car who is afraid to go out because he might get hurt. In attempt to convince him to use a certain protective gear, they "test" it out with a continuous stream of shopping carts rolling down a hill and bouncing off of a stunt car.

There you have it. Drama King can begin to understand that the shopping carts aren't the only ones in danger :)

Oh... and we do put our own grocery cart in the stall!

Beautiful Grace said...

It was good to meet you face to face last night!!

I have been wanting to respond to more of your blog entries, but haven't had the time. I am quickly reading them though!

May His love overtake you!!!
Beautiful Grace

The Gang's Momma! said...

That's hilarious! I belong to a grocery store consumer panel, that conducts surveys and polls and so on. I get paid a little bit for it, and enjoy haring the stories and ideas that are swapped. By far, the most debated subject is grocery carts! What to do about the ones left "out of the corral" and how we all hate the car carts cuz they are so hard to manuever. What to do about wet carts and poorly working carts. It's the one topic garunteed to get the moms undies in a bunch when it comes up on the boards :

I say good for DK - I wish more GROWN UPS were like him!

Emilie Anne Le Blanc said...

Hey love,
Thank you for your comment. WOW!! I want more feathers! I saw one last night as I was falling asleep. Honestly, I get kinda scared because i'm like whooaaa oooo! It's a godly fear I know. How special we are to Jesus. Praise the Lord He loves to make us laugh and be in awe of all His beauty. Keep expecting! I believe we're in the beginning of the greatest manifestation of His glory ever! Love you sis!

Emilie Anne