Monday, March 17, 2008

Technological Miracle


The Lord did it! We have been in need of a new computer now for some time. Right now we are struggling to keep our 12 year old laptop up and running. It crashes frequently and all the IT people we have talked with refuse to work on out dated laptops. So we have been praying. We wanted to pay down debt this year and investing in a brand new computer was not really in our budget. So here's what the Lord did...

I month or two ago friends of ours heard about our computer problem. They had this Mac given to them that they don't use so they asked us if we wanted to have it. My husband jumped at it but I was reluctant. Our laptop was given to us 10 years ago so I was actually looking forward to purchasing something I wanted and not someone's choice. It took a good month or two before they could get it too us. It is a big tower thingy (yes I know very technical term). My heart kind of doubted again, how could this be the Lord. We have been praying specifically for a MacPro laptop and now we have this. We plugged it in trying to figure out what year it was and exactly what model. We discovered it is a MacPro. To be exact a G4 Mac. To my husband and I that really meant nothing. So we hauled it to church to our good friend the computer expert (I should say one of the many computer expert's at church) who began to drool over this device. My husband and Jon talked until church began while I set up for Preschool. Then my husband bound into the room exclaiming "Guess what? Well you will never guess so I will tell you. That computer is really fast and really expensive. Jon can't believe someone just gave it to us. They could have sold it for lots of money even if it is a couple of years old. This things amazing!" The conversation continued this way throughout church service which posed problems here and there since we were both supposed to be teaching 5 year olds the meaning of Palm Sunday and not discussing which OSX system this computer ran on.

Anyway it has become an amazing blessing more than we could have imagined. We won't get it back until Thursday since Jon was gracious enough to clean it up and take off programs and documents that aren't ours. He is also helping us find more RAM for it whatever that means. Unfortunately when Jon and my husband start talking computers I glaze over and go some where far away. So there you have it. We did go out and purchase a new printer and monitor but even then the Lord was so faithful. Each of those were on sale drastically reduced and we also received a discount for trading in our old printer. Basically we bought a 3-in-1 HP printer for photos for $100 and a 17 inch flat screen monitor for $100. You just can't beat that! As I have been told I can now move my creativity to the computer world with this new Mac. GOD is so good. Be patient for whatever you are standing for it will come to pass.

Now to have that some faith when standing for a miracle baby girl. :)

6 comments:

Hands-Free Heart said...

So cool! And my thought is, if you do still need a laptop at somepoint, the MacPro laptop will network seamlessly with your current computer, so you can share files and stuff between them easily.

Trish said...

Oh, Happy King's going to want to see this! He has been after me to get a Mac since he used one at a job in Illinois.

Very exciting news!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Miracle baby girls come from all corners of the world :) Check today's blog for proof :) :)

Beautiful Grace said...

We serve a generous Daddy, don't we? I remember several years ago I looked at my living room furniture and saw the material was wearing through to the stuffing and I just said out loud, I'd really like a new set. It was a day or two later my sister asked me if I wanted her old living room furniture cause she was getting new stuff. You have to understand my sister remodels and redecorates frequently, so the set was practically new. I didn't actually "pray" for the set, but it was a desire of my heart.

Natalie said...

Hey, send me an email! I want to give back to you about the colonoscopy, but I don't have your e-mail address.

Kelli said...

This is so very wonderful!!