Tuesday, March 4, 2008

He Read To Us

It was one of those moments being a parent when your heart soared and you realized how precious these days are with your children. Last night Shaggy, my 3rd grader, read to us during our family reading time. We spend at least 4-5 nights a week reading together as a family. In the past it has been my Knight or I reading to the children. We have read a variety of books such as...
  • The Chronicle's of Narnia
  • The Quest by Rick Joyner
  • The Hardy Boys
  • Bible Stories for Kids
  • Beyond the Veil
  • The Boxcar Children
Our list varies from genre to genre but it is what the Holy Spirit had laid on our hearts to share with the boys at that particular time. It has been a really enjoyable experience and they ask to have family story night often.

Last night we were continuing the David & Karen Mains series The Tales of the Kingdom. It is a great series if anyone is interested. We had to purchase them online through an out-of-publish book dealer because they are no longer being published. Well Shaggy asked if he could read to us. He is a great reader we just never thought about that before. So my husband and I relinquished the book to him. He began to read and I was just filled with warmth and love. It was awesome to see him full of pride (pride in a good sense) pouring into each chapter as his two brothers and parents listened intently. As I glanced around the room I realized this is what being a mom or dad is all about, seeing your children achieve and walk into their callings. Yes reading a book isn't all of Shaggy's calling but it gave me an amazing glimpse of watching your children succeed and achieve in the things of the Kingdom. He read from his heart not out of duty. I could hear the Lord speaking to me about how this moment reflected their spiritual lives we have been calling into existence.

We have been praying so much for the boys to see their destinies fulfilled even at their current ages of 5,8 & 9 years old. Now the boys have been experiencing prophetic dreams, they have had words of knowledge and a great desire to see healing's. They are seeing angels and speaking truth into our lives and those at their school. Last night was a moment I will remember forever. I glimpse of how we are called to see our children walk in even greater power and anointing.

I don't care if they achieve more than I did or will do, I want my ceiling to be their floor.

4 comments:

Mrs. C said...

"...I want my ceiling to be their floor"

I love this statement!

This Journey of Mine said...

I was just going to comment on the exact same thing TCC said. I love that statement as well. I first heard it when Bill Johnson spoke at CCC a long time ago. I remember thinking, "that's how I feel about my kids!"

Trish said...

This is so awesome! I love it when the Little Guy reads to me; it is so precious. Do you think the other two would take a turn?

Livin' Life said...

I hope soon they will. I know Rocker is more cautious with reading but we are working on building his confidence right now. Drama King likes to read a little but always makes up his own story.:)