Thursday, March 20, 2008

Today Is A Good Day

Today is a good day! I hesitated posting this after reading Classic Mama's post, On Fire's post and Natalie's comments to Classic Mama, but things are better. I have started cutting out some of the foods the doctors are restricting from my diet and I can notice a big difference. The only draw back is no more coffee. That has been hard.

The kids are out, the sun is out and I am out of dirty laundry to wash. I was able to get up at 5am this morning and start back into my time with the Lord. I also started working out again. As some one who struggles with a past of depression exercising really helps me. Even if I take the whole time to just stretch. I have read various studies that show exercise and stretching reduces stress, anxiety and depression. I have to agree. I spent yesterday sulking about but then was convicted by the Lord to end the pity party and move on. I have to be very vigilant
and cautious. I am prone to melancholy moods or depression so I most keep vigilant and keep my focus on God. My Knight tells me often I remind him of David in the Bible where his soul would become downcast, but he would speak truth into his spirit. I am not a perky, bubbly personality so I need to keep my emotions in check with the Lord instead of letting them dictate my behavior.

So today I can feel at ease and in peace in the midst of a lot of
stuff going on in my life. I guess that's what it all comes down to, being in a place of rest while everything else shakes. Since things are quiet here anyone having a rough day can just stop by. I don't mind sharing this peace. :)

2 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Glad you're having a better day!

I have to really watch what food I eat, caffeine being one of them. Some foods irritate my bladder and cause discomfort and increased risk of infection...yikes!!!

Bless you, woman after God's won heart!!! :)

Kelli said...

I'm so glad that you are doing better!!