Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wooden Trians, Planes & Automobiles

I don't typically endorse products but I thought this might be note worthy. Yesterday while I was at Michael's Craft Store looking for crafts for church Drama King and I found these cool little wooden kits. They come in all different vehicles. The best thing about it was they are only $1 each.

The Kit comes with everything you need to put your car, tank, plane, etc., together. GLUE, Paint, sandpaper, paint brush and instructions are all included. (Just a side note the paint in all three kits were kind of thick so we added some water and it worked great.)



I picked up three kits for my boys. Drama King was so excited we worked on
his all afternoon. He chose a tank. I helped a little bit making sure the right
side of the wooden pieces were glued properly, but for the most part he worked all by himself. He loved painting it and putting it together.


As you can see in the pictures I just laid down a garbage bag for
each of the boys to work on. Looking for craft projects for boys is
very hard so this was great.








Shaggy and Rocker came home from school
and finished their homework in record time. Then they jumped
right into their new projects. With Rocker and Shaggy I didn't
have to help at all they just worked quietly by themselves.

Rocker chose the race car.










Shaggy also loves tanks and army stuff so he picked the other tank. With his I added some of my own paints because he wanted more of a camouflage look.












And here are the final products. For $1 I will probably go back and pick up some more for another rainy day. I loved seeing them hard at work being creative and not asking for the TV or our old out of date Nintendo 64 (which we only own 2 games for it). It was so much fun. If you have boys who like to be creative, go to your local Michael's Store and see if you can pick these kits up. They are well worth it!!

5 comments:

Trish said...

Wow, they all did such a great job! I wouldn't have known where to start with a project like that at their ages. Thanks for the idea!

Melissa said...

You're just the coolest mom ever!!

You have inspired me to craft something with the girls for Mother's Day...I'm not sure what, but something!

Promises said...

That is SO great! I am looking forward to doing these types of things with my kids - At this point, I am not sure what else to do besides color - but that is fun too!
Any crafty ideas of things to do with a 2 year old? I would love to try new things!

This Journey of Mine said...

Okay, I want to run out right now and buy them up! What fun! My boys would love that. Good find.

The Gang's Momma! said...

Those are great - that'd be an awesome theme for a b'day party or something. Thanks for the tip!