Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back-to-School Excitement Has Worn Off

Today we had to drag DK out of bed and down the stairs. He is not a morning person and resembles mommy in the morning a little too much. After his two older brothers dressed him (FYI...I did not encourage or make them apparently they enjoyed the wrestling match that erupted from trying to dress him) he sat on the steps with his lip jutting out. He then told me "I don't want to go to school any more".

I just patted him on the back and said "I know honey but you have too." He replied with "I know you miss me and that makes me sad. I will stay home with you and help you cook."

Even with the lip and sadness I still did not fall victim to his drama. I plopped him at the table and we ate breakfast. He is on the bus as we speak with his lip still hanging out but he'll do fine. I told my Knight at least we got almost 3 good weeks of excitement for school. Poor Shaggy fought us tooth and nail for the entire 1st year. Don't worry we will get over it and move on with life quite well.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Wow. I'm impressed. Nice job with the plopping at the table and sending on the bus.