Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Think I am Over My Head When It Comes To Pre-Teen Boys


Today we were awakened by a screaming child and not our alarm clock. At 5:55 am this morning Shaggy decided to release his pre-teen angst on his brother Rocker, literally. He punched Rocker in the eye. There's a lot of love here today, not the best way to start your day.

My husband rolled out of bed to asses the situation and I tried rolling over in bed until my Knight came back in and kicked me out so he could talk and disciple Shaggy. UHHHGGG!!!! Come to find out Rocker irritated Shaggy by mocking him while he was setting the table for breakfast. He was trying to surprise us. I know exactly what he's talking about because I have seen Rocker do this before. So now we have two boys to deal with and it isn't 6:30am yet. Shaggy is going through this very difficult stage right now and I feel so unprepared. We have a young man who now is trying to break free from his childhood cocoon and fly into manhood. It's not an easy process. He told us he let his anger get to him and just reacted. He said he wanted to take care of the situation instead of having mom or dad do it. You know the whole "I am an adult now" kind of thinking even though he isn't yet.

He is a wonderful young man. Very loving and caring but he is still a boy going through life trying to be transformed into a man. My Knight also made the comment that Shaggy maybe starting to go through some hormonal switches too. Apparently my Knight was shaving by 12 years old and he thinks he is seeing the signs of testosterone eruptions. UHHHHGGG!!!

All this and I hadn't had my coffee yet. Just too much for me to absorb before 7am in the morning. Now I head off to sit in the Lords lap and ask for help. I may not know what I am doing but at least the Father does. I need some pre-teen downloads right now and I need to war on behalf of my son. I believe we can come through this stronger but I want to hedge Shaggy in so that the enemy cannot steal any of his destiny or purpose through this transition.

I will have to share about Rocker later too. He is going through some kind of funk also. Having 2 boys 15 months a part is wonderful it's just you now have 2 going through similar transitions at the same time. Please pray for me. At least I am still smiling as I desperately clutch my coffee mug slurping down as much caffeine as humanly possible!!!!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I will pray for you because I'm there with you. So, when I pray "Dear Lord help me!" I will also include in there "...and also help my friend Livin' Life!"

Mrs. C said...

And you were wondering what you would be doing during the day. Daily warfare will definitely be part of you schedule and I know that our Father will download you with the wisdom and discernment you need as well as the knowledge and understanding regarding these transitions.

Beautiful Grace said...

I learned very eary on that it would be impossible for me to be the mother that my boys needed without God's help. I used to and still do sometimes for the Lord to transform me into the mother I need to be in order to guide my boys into the men God has destined. That might be a good prayer for you as well.

Blessings, Dear!!!!

Anonymous said...

Who said boys were easier??

I think tcc is right, and the time at home will be a good thing!