Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Asking "What will it take?" and hearing "How much are you willing to give?"

I have been asking a question lately over and over again to the Lord. "What will it take Lord?" What will it take for me to see more of You? What will it take to move into the next level with You? I am ready Lord do it what ever it takes. Push me off the cliff if You have too. The Father responded differently than I had anticipated. He answered with a question. "How much are you willing to give?" I wasn't sure about this question. I thought I had been giving all I have. What else do you want?

This post is not for the faint of heart. It is not for those who are comfortable with life.

The Lord got right in my face and said "I want it all! Your time, gifts, your intimacy, your children, your husband, your thoughts, your dreams. I want whatever you will give Me. I am waiting for you to jump into this next level but are you willing to do what it takes?" Ouch!! The finger of the Lord was on my heart and the pressure was so intense. I knew I had to begin to look at those areas in my life where I was still not willing to give up. Even in areas that I had given up, He was calling me into something deeper.

I guess the reason I am writing this post is not to condemn any one else, I know this was a word for our family and myself, but to encourage others. I want the Body of Christ to be a living , tangible, powerful expression of our Lord. I have agreed with the Father that I will sacrifice, give and listen to whatever He says to usher in these new anointtings and outpourings. I want my children to see the real power of Jesus and not just know the stories. I want the Holy Spirit to be always with us guiding our footsteps. I want the world to know He is alive and powerful and ready to take back a generation for His Bride. He has come and His heavenly visitations are becoming more frequent. I will do whatever it takes and give whatever He needs me to give.

3 comments:

Mrs. C said...

About 7 years ago, during one of Rita Springer's visits to our church...she was talking about the exact same thing.

Beautiful Grace said...

I believe, at least in my own life, that giving the Lord everything is an moment by moment choice of the will.

It's easy to give Him the worship that He deserves when "all is well" in my little world. But the Lord DESERVES everything I have to give ALL of the time. No matter the stormy circumstances and my screaming soul. I am learning to give Him ALL.

I think it will be a lifelong process, but as long as Jesus holds me, everything will be o.k.

Thanks for the encouragement!!! :)

Livin' Life said...

It's funny how you mentioned that Rita Springer said the same thing or something very similar. I have actually never been to her concerts at church. I am always pulled in for childcare. I guess that means it is a confirmation that I heard the Lord correctly. :)