Friday, February 22, 2008

Do You Have Dreams?


Inspired by Beautiful Grace I wanted to ask do you have dreams? I have been thinking a lot lately about unfulfilled dreams or what I feel are unattainable dreams. Will they ever be accomplished, will I see them fulfilled? There are dreams the Lord has laid in my heart for mighty Kingdom purposes and those that He has given me for fun. Do you still have dreams that you yet have seen come into fruition?

Here is another post I ask questions and would love to hear from you. All are welcome to answer even the lurkers or first time happen to stumble upon this blog, bloggers. I am a person that goes after my dreams and wants to see them accomplished even in the midst of great odds. Some of my dreams are to travel the world and develop children's conferences for those who have never heard about Jesus. To become a missionary to missionaries. To reach the untouchables in our society. To publish and illustrate a children's book I am currently working on. A more fun dream is to learn to weld and use it as a means of artistic expression. I would also like to take more art classes this coming fall and use those gifts to encourage young people through art and Christ. So what about you?

1. Do you have a dream you have put on the shelf?
2. If there was one thing you really wanted to do in your life time what would it be?
3. If you could travel any where in the world where would you go and why?
4. Do you have a dream the Lord has given you that seems too large or impossible?
5. Was there something you wanted to do as a child and have never been able to see it fulfilled
yet, but still hold on to it.?

Don't put your dreams on hold because of the circumstances around you. You each have such mighty purposes and destinies nothing is impossible for God. Feel free to share and encourage each other to come alive in our dreams the Lord has given us. You can answer all or some of these questions. I tend to be a listener more than a talker so hearing from you all blesses me tremendously. Nothing is too small, insignificant or too big for our God. Dream Again!!!

5 comments:

Mrs. C said...

I definitely have dreams. Some I am more passionate about then others.

Like - I think it would be really cool to go to Germany someday but I'm not passionate about it.

Then I dream about my extended family being restored to the Father's heart. Prodigals coming home. This is something I am passionate about. This would be the too big/impossible dream but one that I will not let go of.

My dreaming has also changed - I want my desires to be in sync with His. I pray Psalm 37:4 regarding this. I want to walk in fulfillment of the plans and purposes that He has for my life - whatever that may look like today, tomorrow, next month or a year from now. AND I want/dream this for my boys too!

Melissa said...

My dreams have changed, too. I no longer envision myself with my own talk show! :-) Funny how life can take some dreams (like owning my own restaurant) and make me realize it wasn't all I thought it would be. Not bad, just different.

My dreams now are to impact and encourage the next generation to do even more than we did to see His Kingdom established on the earth. My other dream is to explore the world and experience first hand the beauty that God gave us to enjoy. And, if I really want to be outrageous, I'd like to be on my local school board one day. And, write a book.

Ok, I think I'm done now!

Beautiful Grace said...

1. Do you have a dream you have put on the shelf?

Yes, as much as I want the dream to be fulfilled now, I know that God has an appointed time for fulfillment. If I run ahead of Him, His grace isn't there.

2. If there was one thing you really wanted to do in your life time what would it be?

I want to be able to hear the Lord's voice, respond to Him and see His glory manifested no matter how I feel and regardless of the circumstances surrounding my life.

3. If you could travel any where in the world where would you go and why?

I'd like to go to Israel to worship and pray at Succah Hallel.

4. Do you have a dream the Lord has given you that seems too large or impossible?

Absolutely!!! He put something on my heart a few years ago, that in my strength will never be fulfilled. He told me this during the darkest season of my life.

5. Was there something you wanted to do as a child and have never been able to see it fulfilled
yet, but still hold on to it.?

As a child, I wanted to be a mother more than any other thing. I am a Mommy and I am so blessed!! Now that my boys are almost grown, my mothering heart has been turned to other kids...That's why I was drawn to the youth ministry! I also enjoy being an Aunt!!!

Beautiful Grace said...

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't catch up to you last night. Wasn't it wonderful?...Baal-perazim! I was just reading and declaring 2 Samuel 5 yesterday morning and then He manifested that way last night. I LOVE how God works!!

Kelli said...

:) I have new dreams every day!! On the shelf are like hundreds of them. Thankfully, the Lord is slowly taking them off for me and I'm getting the life I dreamed of having.

Once I dreamed about being a wife, having a home to raise Godly children, going back to school, working in ministry, etc. Some of those dreams don't really look like the ones I used to have, but I know that He is fulfilling every hope and every longing I've ever had.

God is the coolest.