Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Substitute Teacher


The Shag Man can home yesterday less then happy about his day. Let me say a little disturbed about his day at school. I began to inquire what the issue was when he told me his class had a substitute teacher. Naturally I thought, OK he really likes Mr. Kinney so I guess he would be bummed if he wasn't there, but something nagged at me. So I continued to press the issue asking Shaggy what specifically was the problem with this Sub. What I got for an answer shocked me and threw me into immediate action.

Let me preface this situation with the knowledge that I really like our school district and the staff at our Elementary School. With all that said I now know how much prayer covering you need for your children at public schools. Shaggy said the substitute teacher was over all nice, but she was a little weird. How weird? Shaggy said she kept talking about a book she was writing, about a dream she had and it made the class scared. He would not go into detail just tried to brush it all off with, she seems nice though. I pushed on and he finally told me during science class she sat back in a chair and got up quickly exclaiming to the class someone had touched her. Shaggy said no one was there and the kids were confused. She then told everyone with a smile on her face that it was only the devil but that is OK because the devil is always with her!

Mommy alarms were going off all around me. I couldn't believe this. Shaggy said this woman told the class she was a child of the devil but it was OK because he was a good guy. Oh My Goodness, I swung into action calling the school and talking to the Principle. They staff was in shock and said they would investigate promptly. The next day I was informed that this woman was banned from another elementary school in our district. Actually the same school a friend of mine has her children go to. My friend informed me her oldest daughter had this same woman in her class, told them the same thing and then had the class all get on their knees beside their chairs and speak stuff over them.

Wow, I am still reeling over this one. She is now banned from our schools and hopefully district wide. I now feel a great prompting to start the Mom's in Touch group I have been putting off for far too long. After finishing my discussion with Shaggy, my Knight and I realized how much the Lord was protecting him. He said he knew in his heart the devil was really there but he said he knew Jesus was bigger inside of him. Thank you Jesus!!! It just makes me pray more fervently for all public schools across our nation.

12 comments:

This Journey of Mine said...

oh my, that is freaky. The devil is so audacious. You know, Jesus was in that room, and the enemy had to bow down to Him. Which is why he revealed his hand.

Now, we just need to pray for that woman, that she can be delivered fully.

Melissa said...

Oh my word.

I'm in shock.

Thank God that Shaggy did not enter that classroom alone! And, when light is exposed to darkness the LIGHT ALWAYS WINS!

And, On Fire is right on....we need to pray for her.

Livin' Life said...

In my reaction as a mom I honestly forgot to pray for this woman. You two are right. I am going to pray for her salvation and freedom. Thanks!!!:)

Natalie said...

I'm speechless.

Well, yeah, pretty much speechless.

Mrs. C said...

I'd like to say I'm surprised - but I'm not.

How awesome it is that your communication is open with your children so that you know how to pray and act. I also think of the fact that whatever was planned for that day was altered because Jesus was indeed present in that room as well. Praise God.

Crazy as this might sound, Shaggy will not forget this and is even learning how to discern on a whole new level.

If we are going to share the love of Jesus with those who don't know him, we will run into this - and like Shaggy, we need to remember that Jesus is bigger!

Emily said...

Wow! I'm in shock. Maybe I will consider home schooling. I will be praying too. I think we are in the same school district.

Melissa said...

Let me confess, my first impulse wasn't to pray for her, either. It was to call you and get her name so she never shows up in one of my kid's classrooms!

Trish said...

That sends chills up my spine, both the woman's actions and the way the Lord responded through Shaggy. Thankfully her actions were strange enough to be condemned by the school, unlike many of the other things that influence our kids but are not from the Lord.

Makes you think about how much our kids need prayer coverage - I'm glad you mentioned Moms in Touch b/c I was thinking about contacting them for next fall when the little guy starts kindergarten.

Promises said...

Praise God that Shaggy does have an open relationship with you and a close one with the Lord. You know, there have been some pretty strange subs at our school (nothing like that though) when I taught, and we also had a few that was banned from the district.

I am thankful that Jesus' light is brighter and exposes the darkness. I am also so thankful that you took action - that is what we as parents need to do - not to hide, but to stand up for what is righteous and holy! We need to be the salt and the light! That is also great that you are going to start a Moms in Touch group - every district needs it!

This Journey of Mine said...

Hey, I was online looking info up about childrens ministries and came across this article. Thought I'd share it with you.

http://www.childrensministry.com/article.asp?ID=1650

Kelli said...

Woah. Obviously this woman is not a sub becasue she wants to help the children learn. Sounds like her "dream" is to advance the other kingdom. The one that will absolutely fail.

Thankfully, your little guy has discernment and knew that what she was doing was "weird" and incorrect. Good job calling the school and letting them know. She should not be around children.

Beautiful Grace said...

Oh, My!!!!

Shocking...however, should we be surprised? We are nearing the end of this age the dark is getting darker, BUT Jesus light is getting brilliant!!!