Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Newest Adventure


I have really appreciated Like I was Saying's.... new political blog. It's funny how just before she released her new endeavor the Lord was stirring me into something new too. Not political or maybe not as exciting to others, but a passion the Lord has recently ignited in me. I like her post It's not an ark.... because she talked about what we do when the Lord puts something in our heart. Are we passionate enough to move into that new endeavor or do we just brush it off? She inspired me greatly!!!!

I have stepped down from our Preschool Ministry at CCC and was asked to head up and coordinate a Special Needs division of Children's Ministry. Our church has recently been growing in that area and it has become a needed ministry at CCC. It is wonderful that these families are coming but we began to really struggle with how to meet their individual needs within the existing Children's Ministry structure. I thought I would be the last person they would ask to head this up. Referring to my Drowning Out the Other Voices post I felt that I was not qualified enough.

Our Ministry Director told me during our meeting that it is not all about education but passion and God's choice. Someone can have all the education in the world but if they are passionless in their work then they can be just as useless as someone without the educational experience. She told me she sees the passion in me and the church would help me get the training I would need. She said she knows I am the Lord's choice.

So here I am researching into the night, finding out all I can about Special Needs Children's Ministry and the Lord just begins to download ideas and strategies. I didn't really believe I could do this but I now see that the Lord will show me how. This is an exciting adventure He has me on and my heart loves dearly these precious littles ones and their amazing families. I believe they have more to offer us then we actually have to offer them. So if you think of it keep me in your prayers as I begin a new chapter of my life and as my family and I are stretched into a new ministry opportunity.

6 comments:

Mrs. C said...

So awesome!

And I totally agree with what she is saying. This just continues to confirm what God has been stirring (or does that have 1 r's?) in my heart.

Thank you for sharing.

Emily said...

"Holding it Together" mentions special needs ministry in her profile. Hubby and I knew nothing about this ministry at church. I'm glad to here that it is just starting.

Anyhow, you will do a great job. I'm so excited for you. God WILL give you everything you need. I will be praying for you.

Melissa said...

Awesome. You will do great and be a blessing to many families!

This Journey of Mine said...

I'm really excited for you to start this new endeavor. I'd love to hear more about it as you go along. This is one ministry area that many churches need to grow in!

The Gang's Momma! said...

This is great news! And who better to lead than YOU? With your compassionate heart and super sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, you will be a great tool in your Father's hands :)

Natalie said...

Congratulations on building your ark! You are the perfect person for the job. So happy you stepped out in faith.