Friday, February 8, 2008

Who Will Marry My Drama King?


No I am not trying to get rid of my kids too early in life it is just the repetitive question that Drama King brings up all the time. He is so concerned about who will he marry. I am not sure where this even came from. Yesterday was no exception. He went on and on about how he needs to find a wife. He asked our Children's Ministry Director's daughter a few months ago if she would marry him and she told him she was engaged to another little boy. They are both 5 years old. Oh the sadness of rejection I had to deal with. Drama King is not called Drama King for nothing you know.

So yesterday we went down this same road of "How will I find her. I don't know if I want to be married. I want to marry you mommy because you are the perfect woman." That cracked me up. I the perfect woman, oh boy. So he assured me he had decided I was going to be his wife when he grew up. That just makes me laugh and makes my heart melt at the same time. I have tried all the tricks of the trade telling him he doesn't have to worry about this. God will take care of him. He doesn't even have to know right now who he will marry. But it is to no avail. We constantly debate this issue at least once a month. My poor boy. I am at a loss to know what to do other than keep going around this same mountain every time. One day Drama King will have a wife and I will have the best time sitting down and telling his precious bride how he pined for her even before he knew her.

9 comments:

Trish said...

The Little Guy told me a few months ago he was going to marry me when he was all grown up. When I told him I was already married to Daddy, he said - "That's okay, he can just go away"!!

Kelli said...

:) This is so cute! My dad tells me that I told him that I was going to marry him when I was around Drama King's age.

Promises said...

This is SO adorable! I told my dad that I was going to marry him too - probably around the same age as Drama King. I think that I told him that my mom would have had him long enough... :)

Mrs. C said...

Yup - promises and I both had dibs on our Daddy!

Jeter went through a phase briefly regarding marrying me. Now he mainly says that he's never getting married and he is going to live with us forever - or if he is going to get married then he's not going to have children and he and his wife will live with us forever. Like she will want that?!?

purplemommy said...

Made me smile. I thought I was only mommy whose five year old wanted to marry. I told him that when he grew up if he still wanted to marry me he could. He contemplated this for awhile and said "But how will we get Daddy from saying "But his is MY wife." I know he will outgrow it. Even recently he said he wanted to marry a little girl from his class last year.

PS. THanks for commenting on my blog:)

Melissa said...

It seems there is a theme....#3 wants to marry her daddy, too (whom she affectionately calls Honkey).

Hands-Free Heart said...

So sweet! My oldest is not quite five yet, and he hasn't mentioned getting married yet.

I remember my cousin wanted to marry my brother for the longest time.

The Gang's Momma! said...

Baby Blue Eyes tells everyone he is my boyfriend. When I ask him to do a chore, his standard reply is "Yeah, sure Girlfriend!" It totally grosses out Shaggy and Dr. D. Even though I assure them that they were going to marry me when they were 4, 5 and 6 too. Hang on to it, they outgrow it soon enough and then you'll have to tie them down for hugs and kisses. Or at least beg really well :)

Beautiful Grace said...

Hi, Livn' Life,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You look familiar, but I don't think we've met in person. If you happen to see me at church, say "Hi."

This post was funny. It brought back memories of both of my boys declaring they would marry me when they grow up!!