Friday, February 1, 2008

Do You Ever Go To La,La Land?

OK. I have enjoyed sharing my testimony but after a week I personally need a pick me up so now on to something less serious and hopefully more amusing. "Laughter is good like medicine."

So how many of you guys go to La, La Land? You know that place where your brain racks up all those frequent flyer miles. Well I do. Since having children I vacation there quite a bit. I wonder if I am more like the Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz than I realize because I am always singing "If I only had a brain."
La, La, Land is the place your brain goes to escape the craziness of your day and schedules and children sometime. Mine does at least. Here your brain basks in the sun drenched beaches of a tropical paradise while your body is still mechanically working accomplishing tasks. All though great as it might sound, there is a problem with this type of adventure. Most of the time you start making mistakes because your brain is relaxing and giving your body no info or direction. Let me give you an example of some times my brain has wondered off on it's on.


1) You wake in the morning from very little sleep and a hectic weeks schedule. As those around scurry for food and clothes you stumble to the bathroom. Your brain has now just left via jet express to La, La Land. You grab your toothbrush and begin brushing as your brain relaxes under a palm tree. Then as quickly as it left you your brain is back telling you that your toothpaste is not minty fresh tasting. Yuck!! You spit it out to realize you put Preparation H on your brush and not Colgate.

2)Then you try to recover and head to the table. OOO, breakfast that will help. You sit to eat and listen to the endless chatter around you. Your brain again abandons you for La, La Land. The frugal mom that you are picks up the scattered pieces of cereal and places them in your bowl. Minutes later your taste buds tell you this isn't cereal. Your brain comes back and you see that one of your kids tore the tab off the cereal box and left the pieces on the table. Breakfast has ended!

3)You race around getting back packs, kissing kids and husband and cleaning up the table. Once you have rushed everyone off you desire some COFFEE!! That will help. You open the fridge and see cereal boxes on the fridge shelf and no sign of the milk. You replace the boxes back where they belong to find the milk you were missing snuggled up with can goods. UHGGGGG!

4)After cleaning up your house so people won't come to believe this is where clothes go to die you begin supper. You need pie crusts and you begin rolling them out. Children enter stage right, husband stage left and brain exit hidden trap door. When you return from some cry in the other room you see one pie crust but wheres the other one? No one confesses to ingesting it so where can that blasted thing be? You go to get a glass for water and as you reach in you touch something sticky. Well there it is among the glasses and bowls.

So does anyone have days like this or has a brain that is racking up frequent flyer miles?
Mine definately does. So don't call me crazy or call for a psychologist for me. Just pray for me and remember "It could be worse." Oh, yes these things did happen!!

PS Please forgive the vast amount of misspellings. The spell check is not working on my posts and I can't spell worth beans!!

3 comments:

Hands-Free Heart said...

Your examples made me laugh... with you and definitely not at you... as then I would have been laughing at me!

I've racked up enough frequent flyer miles to fly my whole family to the moon many times over! When do they start those flights?

Only thing is, my brain doesn't even get to the beach, etc. It just flies around in the fog somewhere, never really relaxing... just evading reality!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Yesterday I parked on the beach at LA LA Land for a mini vacation - by conscious choice. Problem is, the rest of me is home now but my brain refuses to leave the beach chair!

Promises said...

You are definitely funny! These storied made me laugh - espcially the pie crust one!

Thank you so much for dinner and the bath stuff! The dinner was delicious!!! :) I would love the recipe!